Bubbling rock water feature

Water Feature 4 days ago
I wanted a water feature outside my front door, but was afraid of the safety hazard a pond may pose for small children when I decided to construct this bubbling rock fountain. Here's a supply list and step by step instructions:

Supplies: 1) 5 gallon bucket and lid 2) pond liner or heavy duty vinyl 3) small submersible pond pump, I believe mine is 135 GPH 4) flexible tubing which will fit the pump and possibly connectors and smaller size tubing if you want increased pressure and higher flow 5) Hardware cloth or wire fencing with tight weave. 6) Rocks (whatever you'd like) 7) drill with Masonary bits and a regular bit 8) shovel

Instructions:

1) Drill holes into as many rocks as you'd like to stack together. *** The size of the hole you will need will depend on the diameter of your tubing. The tubing size can be reduced with different sized adapters if you want higher flow or want to drill smaller holes.

2) Dig hole large enough for 5 gallon bucket to fit completely into and perhaps be an inch or 2 below ground level and place bucket

• Fountain after fixing leak and increasing flow.
  • Toad
  • Bubbling Rock 1
  • bubbling rock water feature, diy, how to, ponds water features, Video after fixing a leak and making adjustments to increase flow
    Video after fixing a leak and making adjustments to increase flow
  • bubbling rock water feature, diy, how to, ponds water features, Video of original bubbling rock
    Video of original bubbling rock.
  • bubbling rock water feature, diy, how to, ponds water features
  • Dee
    Dee Newfane, NY
    looks nice and easy think I will do one in the spring Had one [big one) to much to care for this one looks easy LOV the sound of running water. will check out that pump that shuts off when the water has gone down. Thanks for the idea
  • Theresa Farrell Hathaway
    I add water about once or twice a week. The stream gets smaller when the water is getting low. I had it run dry once and the pump tripped my breaker. I may have burned up the first pump I had, I just knew it didn't work when I tested it in the spring.
  • Marilyn Miller
    Marilyn Miller Kennerdell, PA
    My husband dilled a hole in a stone fo me fo the tube to go in and I put it in an old disc fom a disc harrow. Then put smaller rocks around it. I LOVE it! It sounds awesome.
  • Jeannie Pierce
    Jeannie Pierce Clemmons, NC
    I can't wait to make this, I love it!
  • Carmela Taglialavore
    Carmela Taglialavore Manchester Township, NJ
    I love it...exactly as it is. Good job!
Theresa Farrell Hathaway