Dark Basement Becomes A Cozy Family Room

Our basement was dark and bland, and the layout was strange with no where to put the sofa, without closing the room in. It was not fun to play in for our daughter, and it was a hard room to hang out in with friends. We repainted the room a dusky purple, got a new sofa, and completely got rid of our bookshelves and almost all of our books (we went digital)! A new rug and accessories helped to update the space. A new tv mounted above the fireplace cut down on furniture, leaving more floor space, and I made a coffee table out of repurposed pallets!

#KeepingCozy

To see more, visit: http://www.craftynester.com/2012/07/basement...

To see more about the pallet table, visit: http://www.craftynester.com/2012/07/a-new-pa...

• Joanna
    Joanna Silver Spring, MD
    Thanks! If you click on the links, you can see the before pics...they are just so bad, I hated to put them on here! Ha Ha...
  • Susan S
    Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    OHHHHHH . . . . but how else can we really appreciate the after. Now that is a BIG difference. It's amazing how removing the bookcases and putting the TV on the wall opened this space up so much. If I could offer one small suggestion - Move the
  • Joanna
    Joanna Silver Spring, MD
    Good idea, Susan, I will do that! Thanks!
  • Kyle G
    Kyle G Middletown, NJ
    Looks great! Glad to see you took a risk with the paint color and rug, but they really work!
  • Marg C
    Marg C Middletown, NY
    great transformation! It looks so nice.
  • Becky (J) P
    Becky (J) P Highland, IL
    This looks fantastic!!!! I am crazy for purple.
  • Eclectically Vintage - Kelly
    This is one styling basement! Love the zebra!
  • Cindy-Carroll Allen-Carley
    Love it.........especially the rug!!!!
  • AquaGuard Foundation Solutions
    Great job
  • Serendipity R
    Serendipity R Downers Grove, IL
    Well done!
  • Michele B
    Michele B Swanton, OH
    still too dark for me
  • BONNIE J
    I never hate to see books gone but IT IS ABSOLUTELY STUNNING & I DON'T FIND IT AT ALL ''DARK''--JUST THE OPPOSITE!
  • Anne Schnatter
    Anne Schnatter Cary, NC
    I love the rug too!
  • Amanda Renee
    This is the most beautiful room LOVE the walls!
  • Wanda sinnema
    Wanda sinnema Seattle, WA
    great job,,,,love the double patter board coffee table,,,, so cleaver..
Joanna