How to Remove Nail Polish from Hardwood & Laminate Floors

Home improvement 04.24.16
I get asked all the time how to get nail polish off of things so I decided to start testing some of my theories. I started by painting my salon-quality nail polish on the wood floor and then I tried using hydrogen peroxide, De-Solv-It and rubbing alcohol to get it off. I think you'll be surprised at which product got it off and how EASY it was!
Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://askannamoseley.com/2012/08/get-nail-polish-off-wood-flooring/

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!

• Marg C
    Marg C Middletown, NY
    good advice Sharon, you could end up with a bigger problem if your not ready with that soap and water!

I remember my Mom worked at the Avon plant in Suffern,NY for many years and they always used hairspray to get the lipstick

• Vicki Stone
    Vicki Stone Newaygo, MI
    well it really works my grandkids spilled bright hot pink glittered nail polish all over my wood floor and I used rubbing alcohol and took a soft scrub sponge to soak it and then the scrub side going with the grain of the wood and it is all off in 10
  • Jessica Shenton
    ive tried both hair and i cant get the polish to come out
  • Julie
    julie Roswell, NM
    You literally just saved my life my dad just installed my floors last week, I would've been in quite a bit trouble thank you 😊 so much
  • Sherrie
    Sherrie Nixa, MO
    Getting ready to try this! Fingers crossed.
Anna M