How to Remove Nail Polish from Hardwood & Laminate Floors

how to 3 days ago
I get asked all the time how to get nail polish off of things so I decided to start testing some of my theories. I started by painting my salon-quality nail polish on the wood floor and then I tried using hydrogen peroxide, De-Solv-It and rubbing alcohol to get it off. I think you'll be surprised at which product got it off and how EASY it was!
Difficulty: Easy
  • One of the theories didn't work at all! This is even the one I found someone recommended online!
  • At last there was a solution!
  • Completely gone!!!
  • I painted three swatches of bright red polish on a scrap of flooring to see which product would take it off.

To see more: http://askannamoseley.com/2012/08/get-nail-polish-off-wood-flooring/

• Sharron W
    Sharron W Memphis, TN
    Rubbing alcohol also takes ink out, which is why hairspray is always quoted as working, because it has alcohol in it...the thing to know is that you have a small window to wash it out once the alcohol is poured on...so do it at the sink with the cold
  • Marg C
    Marg C Middletown, NY
    good advice Sharon, you could end up with a bigger problem if your not ready with that soap and water!

I remember my Mom worked at the Avon plant in Suffern,NY for many years and they always used hairspray to get the lipstick

• Vicki Stone
    Vicki Stone Newaygo, MI
    well it really works my grandkids spilled bright hot pink glittered nail polish all over my wood floor and I used rubbing alcohol and took a soft scrub sponge to soak it and then the scrub side going with the grain of the wood and it is all off in 10
  • Jessica Shenton
    ive tried both hair and i cant get the polish to come out
  • Julie
    julie Roswell, NM
    You literally just saved my life my dad just installed my floors last week, I would've been in quite a bit trouble thank you 😊 so much
Anna M