Hometalk.com

EVERYTHING CRAFTS Yesterday

Craft Room DIY Desk Tutorial

I have a small 10x10ft craft room in my home and needed to find a desk that would provide workspace and storage. After scouring the web and nearby stores, I figured my best option would be to build my desk using some simple supplies.

I purchased some white kitchen base cabinets from Lowe's, plywood for the base of the desktop, and laminate flooring for a finished look on the top. Add a little molding and it was perfect!

Two places to sit, 10 feet of workspace, plenty of storage, and one happy crafter!

I give step by step instructions on my site:

http://howtonestforless.com/2012/07/27/craft...

8 Comments Displaying 8 of 8 comments
  • Anne Dallas, TX
    What an awesome idea! Reminds me of the desk from young house love
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    How awesome! You take beautiful pictures, too.
  • Lisa I Woodcliff Lake, NJ
    These look gorgeous!! I'm in the market for a new desk for my own room, wish I had the time/talent to make a beautiful set like these!
  • Linda H Washington, IA
    I would definitely need a lot more cabinets! Like the idea of kitchen cabinets. will have to remember that.
  • Irene Montclair, CA
    What a great idea. I could use kitchen cabinets in my sewing room to store quilts. The cabinets would be deep enough to put folded quilts in without crowding the quilts. I probably have at least 25 queen sz. quilts that I have made and handquilted in the
  • Chris J Grand Rapids, MI
    Your pics gave me the inspiration for my own craft area makeover. I didn't put the flooring on the desk top, but used birch plywood. I need to put a coat or two of varnish on it so that the white doesn't wear off. The paint is supposed to be Dutch-Boy
  • Thrift Diving Silver Spring, MD
    What a great job! I love it! I'm working on a crafting space right now, and if I have this much space, I totally would steal your idea ;-)
  • Christina King Palm Coast, FL
    Thanks for posting the tutorial! I was searching for a desk for my craft room and all were way too expensive and too small. I loved the double peg board idea as well. Now I have an amazing office/craft room with plenty of space!