Craft Room DIY Desk Tutorial

crafts 07.16.15
I have a small 10x10ft craft room in my home and needed to find a desk that would provide workspace and storage. After scouring the web and nearby stores, I figured my best option would be to build my desk using some simple supplies.

I purchased some white kitchen base cabinets from Lowe's, plywood for the base of the desktop, and laminate flooring for a finished look on the top. Add a little molding and it was perfect!

Two places to sit, 10 feet of workspace, plenty of storage, and one happy crafter!

I give step by step instructions on my site:

http://howtonestforless.com/2012/07/27/craft-...

• Overall craft room
  • Building the desk with white cabinets
  • Laminate flooring for the desktop
  • Drilled a hole for all those computer cords
  • Add toe kicks and molding for a finished look
  • Two places for sitting, plenty of workspace, and storage galore!
  • Chris J
    Chris J Grand Rapids, MI
    Your pics gave me the inspiration for my own craft area makeover. I didn't put the flooring on the desk top, but used birch plywood. I need to put a coat or two of varnish on it so that the white doesn't wear off. The paint is supposed to be Dutch-Boy
  • Thrift Diving
    Thrift Diving Silver Spring, MD
    What a great job! I love it! I'm working on a crafting space right now, and if I have this much space, I totally would steal your idea ;-)
  • Christina King
    Christina King Palm Coast, FL
    Thanks for posting the tutorial! I was searching for a desk for my craft room and all were way too expensive and too small. I loved the double peg board idea as well. Now I have an amazing office/craft room with plenty of space!
  • Karen Sauers
    Karen Sauers Ventura, CA
    I made a set like this a few years ago and got recycled cabinets from Habitat for Humanity for very little money. They are a great resource for items to recycle and a good idea to find one in your area. I only wish I had paid more attention to the height
  • K Brown
    K Brown Conway, SC
    I did this and used an old door that was smooth on both sides, gave it a couple of coats of paint and voila-great work space. Later I did the habitat for Humanity cabinets for my sewing room, including a countertop that I cut in half to fit both ends and
How to Nest for Less - Erin