Make an old kettle herb garden in seconds!

FUN GARDEN JUNK 06.01.15
I was really enticed to grow a few of my own herbs. So I dug around in my junk stash and there, staring right back at me was my old kettle collection. Perfect!
After layering the pots with stones and soil, in went the plants. But they're topped with something that makes them even cooler to look at... read below for how I did it.
My kettle inspired mobile garden is FUN to move around! And eat. :)
#itchingforspring
#SpringDecor
#Recycle
#HomeAccessories
#ThinkSpring
#SpringFever
#SpringIdeas
#Grow
How cute is this collection of old kettles for a kitchen themed herb garden?
I love to collect these guys from the thrift stores. Even if they're broken.
After the plants go in, I layer the tops of the soil with spanish moss. It offers a fun, rustic touch!
Do you collect kettles too? What do you do with yours?

To see more: http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/2012/06/herb-garden-old-kettle-style.html

• Julie F
    Julie F Hobe Sound, FL
    very cool!
  • Lisa I
    Lisa I Woodcliff Lake, NJ
    Too cute!! Excellence as always, Funky Junk <3
  • Janis@All Things Beautiful
    how cute are these??? Love this idea!
  • Linda Farina
    Linda Farina Providence, RI
    Alice..maybe we could convert the lids into a wind chime...
  • FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna
    Love that Idea Becky!
  • Becky H
    Becky H Tampa, FL
    Funky J., do the lids have knobs? If so, why not mount those on a plaque and use it to hang things from?
  • Jan L
    Jan L Lady Lake, FL
    Really eye catching way to display your herbs. I love my herbs. I have collected some inexpensive silver plate pieces (nobody wants silver plate anymore). I don't worry about polishing because I like the patina as is. I put large pebbles in the bottom
  • Carrie W
    Carrie W Sterling, MA
    Cool idea. I have done this with old fashion milk can covers on my front steps
  • Sondra A
    Sondra A Janesville, WI
    Cute idea. I've used some oddball containers for various plants also and love looking at others creative ideas. I think my most unusual one was a bedpan on my bathroom wall.
  • FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna
    Haha Alice, agreed! Thanks for the drainage tips, everyone! I'll do that next year. :)
  • Alice H
    Alice H Oklahoma City, OK
    Now we need a good creative way to use lids.
  • Becky H
    Becky H Tampa, FL
    Funky Junk, I would think you could put a few pebbles in the bottom of an undrained pot w/maybe a little charcoal, and that would keep the plants moist but not wet, and the soil from souring.
  • Patricia F
    Patricia F Chapel Hill, NC
    I've used chipped, cracked pottery pieces for this, too.
  • Millie livesay
    Millie livesay Chester, VA
    When using these for plants always keep drainage in mind..you can drill a tiny hole in the bottom and put small rocks in...they are a beauty!
  • Christine
    Christine Buffalo, IN
    you can also put rocks in the bottom of the teapot and then put your plant in a pot and set down inside the teapot for better drainage too! Cute idea!
FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna