The Guest Bedroom-Vintage And on a Budget

Bedrooms 05.18.16
The guest bedroom was one of those projects that got started, but took eons to finish. I'd finally had enough and worked on getting it finished last week. Now I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders!
The goal of this room was to make it feel cozy, collected and do this on a budget. This was easy to do with vintage finds and clearance items.
Everything started with a headboard built from reclaimed cedar fence posts. We attached them to the wall using two 1X2's that were drilled into the studs. Then each board was screwed in to the 1X2's and finally white washed with some watered down chalky finish paint.
All the details are on the blog.
Difficulty: Easy
Reclaimed headboard made with cedar fence posts.
I sewed the pillow covers and recovered the bench at the end of the bed with drapery panels I purchased on clearance at Target for $5 and fabric I had leftover from other projects.
This adorable metal and porcelain top table with chrome legs, I scored at Goodwill for $6.99! All it needed was some cleaning and it was good to go.
The cabinet is a $25 estate sale find which I painted, changed the hardware and upholstered with fabric inside.
Easy and inexpensive art? Use embroidery hoops from thrift stores and frame fabric swatches.
Tarnished silver teapots make great vases.
Everything here is vintage. That cute little mid century modern yellow vinyl chair was a $6 Goodwill score. After a good scrubbing, it looks brand new.

To see more: http://mypassionfordecor.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-finished-guest-bedroom-vintage-and.html

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!

• Wendy Johnson
    Wendy Johnson Niles, MI
    lovely eclectic room-well done
  • Jan
    Jan Silverthorne, CO
    Holy moly batman what a great job and what stupendous finds! It's a room anyone would love to stay in
  • Jan B
    Jan B Gilbert, AZ
    I agree with every comment ahead of mine! What a lovely guest room. I think the best part is that you thought about what people need when they're staying in your guest room. Just love it!
  • Kathryn pate
    Kathryn pate Forsyth, IL
    What creativity and vision you have
  • Catherine & Bryan
    Catherine & Bryan Columbus, OH
    This is so beautiful! Love everything you did.
  • Colette
    Colette Swedesboro, NJ
    Love this! I want to do a similar headboard in my guest room! Love the hoop gallery wall too!
  • Barbara Heist
    Absolutely Stunning!!!!!!
  • Pm*
    pm* Norristown, PA
    This is so beautifully executed! When may I come and visit? =)
  • Kelli Fox
    Kelli Fox Lawrenceville, GA
    This entire room is wonderful! I love that you took the curtain fabric from Target and reused it for so many things! I am always looking for fabric like that! And that dark fabric is so pretty! Great job!
  • Kathy
    Kathy Van Wert, OH
    Love it. Will be stealing some of your ideas for my guest room.
  • Liliana Wells
    Liliana Wells Jackson, GA
    Beautiful! Can I come over and stay?
  • Alison C
    Alison C Shamong, NJ
    Love, love, love this room!!
  • GR
    If there is one thing I love more than a budget makeover, it's one that looks like it cost a fortune! You obviously have a great eye and you bought some amazing bargains :-)
  • Cindy Obraske Harjes
    Cindy Obraske Harjes Big Lake, MN
    Darling!
  • Susan Johnston
    Susan Johnston Rochester, NY
    Love the kitchen table repurposed as a vanity, the embroidery hoops as frames and the pillow/bench fabric is beautiful (wish I'd seen it at Target before you!). Great job.
Melody