Light up Your Life With a Twig Chandelier!

ideas for lights Yesterday
Desiring a chandelier a little out of the norm, I eyed up a basic frame found at the thrift store and set about twigging it out. :)
NOTE: please ensure the twigs are a safe distance from the bulbs. This frame worked out beautifully! Tutorial is available.
#Recycle
#BeforeandAfter
#LightingIdeas
Difficulty: Moderate
This chandelier looks complicated, but that couldn't be further from the truth!
Starting with a thrift store chandy, I sprayed it white, then gathered up grapevines and willow tree branches, both while still green.
The twigs and branches were attached with twine in all the right places. (more attaching tips are avail)
The works then received a coat of white spray paint. The end result truly looks as if the entire light was created out of twigs! Sneaky, eh? :)
Ahhhh... perfection. :)
And finally, what inspired me. Found it in a gift shop and it was worth several thousand dollars! Mine was $10. :)

To see more: http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/2010/11/lighting-up-my-life-with-white-branch.html

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!
  • Anne
    Anne France
    Just love it, well done
  • Candi McCord
    Candi McCord Greenwell Springs, LA
    How does this not catch on fire?
  • Duval.26
    A nice take on mid-19th century antler chandeliers - I have the perfect frame already, but my twigs are under a foot of snow!!
  • Phyllis
    Phyllis Deland, FL
    very rustic with a victorian flair
  • Carol Stehling
    Carol Stehling Kerrville, TX
    I've seen pictures of twig chandeliers but natural not painted. I love it painted!
FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna