Revamp that large bathroom mirror

Master Bathroom 4 hours ago

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
I added shelves and some trim to dress up the large bathroom mirror.

*Options I considered for this project:

We considered replacing the mirror altogether, but decided to go the less expensive route first and see how long it would buy us.

*Questions and unexpected events that arose during the project:

I didn't know how well the mirror was attached to the wall. I also didn't know how well my adhesive would adhere to the mirror and trim.

* Cost Comments:

1"x4" MDF (32 ft) - $20

1/2 birch plywd - $15

Trim (40 ft) - $20

• Before project began
  • Added shelving unit and attached to wall just above mirror to help anchor the weight
  • Set out the trim and molding
  • Used GOOP adhesive to position MDF on mirror front. It was held in place by tape until it dried
  • Finished product without cutting or removing the original mirror.
  • Holly Hanna Clinton
    Holly Hanna Clinton Arlington, TX
    Where did you find the shelving unit you used? I am trying to do the same project but I'm having trouble locating one like it.
  • Marilyn
    Marilyn Falkville, AL
    Great job. It looks amazing.
  • Lisa Hirt
    Lisa Hirt Chandler, TX
    I noticed that in the before photo you had one light set, which consisted of four lamps, in the center of the mirror. In the after photo, it appears that you split that one set into 2 and positioned over each side of the mirror. Was this 2 new sets of
  • Katherine Howard Jones
Robert A

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post