Revamp that large bathroom mirror

Bath rooms design 3 days ago

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
I added shelves and some trim to dress up the large bathroom mirror.

*Options I considered for this project:

We considered replacing the mirror altogether, but decided to go the less expensive route first and see how long it would buy us.

*Questions and unexpected events that arose during the project:

I didn't know how well the mirror was attached to the wall. I also didn't know how well my adhesive would adhere to the mirror and trim.

* Cost Comments:

1"x4" MDF (32 ft) - $20

1/2 birch plywd - $15

Trim (40 ft) - $20

• Before project began
  • Added shelving unit and attached to wall just above mirror to help anchor the weight
  • Set out the trim and molding
  • Used GOOP adhesive to position MDF on mirror front. It was held in place by tape until it dried
  • Finished product without cutting or removing the original mirror.
  • Holly Hanna Clinton
    Holly Hanna Clinton Arlington, TX
    Where did you find the shelving unit you used? I am trying to do the same project but I'm having trouble locating one like it.
  • Nblunt
    My husband saw this and we agreed when I get to our bathroom its a go, and our lights are already split. But I think I will add doors to the lower shelf or more to hide the clutter stuff and insert a lazy Susan inside. Thanks for posting.
  • Diana Deiley
    Diana Deiley Nokomis, FL
    Looks awesome. Night and day. Boring to beautiful! Fantastic job.
  • Jan Tillotson
    Jan Tillotson Georgetown, CA
    Nicely Done!!!
Robert A

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post