Hometalk.com

Dream Home 2 days ago

Revamp that large bathroom mirror

I added shelves and some trim to dress up the large bathroom mirror.

*Options I considered for this project:

We considered replacing the mirror altogether, but decided to go the less expensive route first and see how long it would buy us.

*Questions and unexpected events that arose during the project:

I didn't know how well the mirror was attached to the wall. I also didn't know how well my adhesive would adhere to the mirror and trim.

* Cost Comments:

1"x4" MDF (32 ft) - $20

1/2 birch plywd - $15

Trim (40 ft) - $20

184 Comments Displaying 15 of 184 comments | See Previous
  • Misty Mehrkens Thief River Falls, MN
    Your bathroom is beautiful! I, too, would like to know how or where you got the middle shelving...
  • can someone send full details of this project please. found it on pinterest but lost it. any help please. thanks
  • Tracy Hampton, GA
    Aimee, we used Rustoleum's Cabinet Transformation as we also refinished the base cabinet which used to be white. Rustoleum's product is a paint and it was very easy to use. It has been a little over a year and we still LOVE it!!!!!
  • Mcgypsy9@aol.com Mooresville, NC
    We just redid our bathroom cabinets which were the honey oak as well. We used the General Finishes Java Gel Stain. AWESOME product!! Very easy to use and what a beautiful finish it gives. We lightly sanded the cabinet and doors, cleaned them with a
  • Liliana Wells Jackson, GA
    I have a similar mirror that I would love to change if I can get my husband's cooperation. Thanks for the idea..
  • Danielle R Spencer, WI
    Thanks for this fantastic idea!
  • DeAnna Lynne Myrtle Beach, SC
    I love this but my sink is in the middle?! I thought about putting two shelving units on each end but I would block the outlets! Suggestions?
  • Darla Douglasville, GA
    What are the dimensions of the shelf unit??
  • Shirley Ashley Englewood, FL
    We saw the revamp on the mirror and said that is for our mirror so my husband went to HD and bought a door kit to start the project. We think it will come to $44 + left over paint. Thanks so much for the inspiration I'll add a picture when complete.
  • Robert A Dacula, GA
    For questions about the middle shelving unit. I built it from scratch to fit the area perfectly.
    • Trisha D Oswego, IL
      Robert A - do you have plans for this middle shelving unit. I would greatly appreciate any info you have.

Beautiful job!

• Mary T Ashburn, VA
    Love this!! I'd love to get the dimensions or instructions on how to build the shelving unit!! Thanks for sharing!
  • Love it!
  • Tammy Allendale, MI
    Totally off the subject of the mirror...what is the color/brand of the green paint on the walls?