Revamp that large bathroom mirror

16 hours ago
I added shelves and some trim to dress up the large bathroom mirror.

*Options I considered for this project:

We considered replacing the mirror altogether, but decided to go the less expensive route first and see how long it would buy us.

*Questions and unexpected events that arose during the project:

I didn't know how well the mirror was attached to the wall. I also didn't know how well my adhesive would adhere to the mirror and trim.

* Cost Comments:

1"x4" MDF (32 ft) - $20

1/2 birch plywd - $15

Trim (40 ft) - $20

• Before project began
  • Added shelving unit and attached to wall just above mirror to help anchor the weight
  • Set out the trim and molding
  • Used GOOP adhesive to position MDF on mirror front. It was held in place by tape until it dried
  • Finished product without cutting or removing the original mirror.
  • Sheryl Levine
    Sheryl Levine Cincinnati, OH
    MY is repeatedly mentioned but I ddon't know what that stands for!!
  • Alison Cowell
    Alison Cowell Carmel, IN
    I love this look and want to try and do something very similar. I did a lot of Google searching and found a white laminate 3 tier shelving unit at Menards for $19.29! Here is the link from their website: https://www.menards.com/main/storage-organiza...
    • Trina
      Trina Cary, NC
      Alison Cowell I like the pre-made shelving, but in the photo the shelves don't look 11 3/4" deep. I wonder how deep they are? My hall bathroom vanity is not as large as the one
  • Dorothy
    Dorothy Canada
    GRAT JOB
  • John S.
    John S. Overland Park, KS
    Did you build the center cabinet from scratch or buy it somewhere?
  • Megan Oakley
    Megan Oakley Dade City, FL
    Did you build that cabinet yourself? I'm having a hard time finding something similar. Can you post directions or instructions on how you built yours?
Robert A

Search Feedback