Bungalow Kitchen Remodel

Dream Home 11.01.13
My kitchen started off as a white, laminate, 80s. Now, with some frugal choices, I was able to completely update my kitchen for under $12k. The inspiration for the room was a butcher block island I found for a bargain, which helped dictate the colors and architectural style of the room.

*Options I considered for this project:

I had initially debated keeping the existing cabinets, and thought to reface the doors. That's always a huge budget saver when it comes to kitchen remodels. The issues with this idea were: 1. I wasn't in love with the floorplan of the kitchen. There was a fair amount of wasted space and some elements weren't thought out properly. 2. I've always wanted an island in my kitchen, and the previous layout only had a peninsula. After a lot of planning and comparing of costs, it made more sense to start from scratch. I noticed some water damage in the large sink cabinet and some other issues that definitely needed to be addressed.

*Questions and unexpected events that arose during the project:

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!

Vhbungalow