Upcycling Wine Bottles to a Plant Nanny

Need some help watering the plants while you're out of town... or maybe forget about them while you're in town. :/ Save up a few wine bottles and corks and make yourself a plant nanny.

To see more: http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com/2012/08/upcycling-wine-bottle-to-plant-nanny.html

• Joni
    Joni Duxbury, MA
    i had a problem with the dirt getting stuck in the neck of the bottle
  • Becky W
    Becky W Ballwin, MO
    Joni, check out my blog so you have the step-by-step directions. The cork shouldn't be letting in any dirt.
  • Carmel P
    Carmel P Lexington, KY
    Such a smart idea!
  • Kris S
    Kris S Minneapolis, MN
    Great idea! Thanks for sharing!!
  • Julie B
    Julie B Castle Rock, CO
    Great idea! I guess I better get drinking some wine!!!
  • Becky W
    Becky W Ballwin, MO
    Definitely a good excuse Julie!
  • Terry Ann
    Terry Ann Maryville, TN
    great idea, could use any type of bottle. I would probably go to garage sales and look for older antique looking bottles.
  • Rachael
    Rachael New Lenox, IL
    how do I find your blog?
  • Susan M
    Susan M Drexel Hill, PA
    Fantastic idea! Thanks for the tip!! If only I could do the same thing with my cat...
  • Beckie @ Infarrantly Creative
    Great idea I Facebooked and tweeted it out and will feature it on Roadkill Rescue.
  • CAROL H
    CAROL H Harlem, GA
    Great idea!
  • Trina marta
    Trina marta Kennett Square, PA
    I had tried to come up with this type of contraption a few summers ago, but was never successful with my designs. Your idea is inspired, or was it the wine?
  • Colleen S
    Colleen S Oklahoma City, OK
    The wine bottles actually look quite decorative, besides being useful!
  • 46mmimievil5666
    Omg.....I have like 18 plants and 4 of them are giant and this may just be the best idea for my plants.....you see I suffer from severe clinical depression and when it gets bad my poor plants get neglected for a bit but now they won't thanks to your
Becky W