24 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 15 of 24 comments | See Previous
  • Julie Gorniak
    So awesome!!
  • Amy T
    Amy T Indian Trail, NC
    Thank you everyone. We have not sealed the backsplash yet. We were waiting till we painted our cabinets. We do plan to seal it. The kitchen is a basic U shape. The sink is on an outer counter, not up against the wood. So not much splashing of
  • Joe
    Joe Moberly, MO
    pallets sit out side n get wet...so do they get mouldy?so am

I bring something into the house I really don't want

• Joe
    Joe Moberly, MO
    i know a guy that built a house out of them... but they were large shipping pallets

• Marg C
    Marg C Middletown, NY
    unless they are drying in the shade Joe I don't think they would get mold. besides, people usually sand them down before working with them and that would get rid of anything growing on them. Then they are usually sealed as well.
  • Sharron W
    Sharron W Memphis, TN
    @Joe and Marg, Pallets tend to be made from Hardwood for repeated use, usually Oak, they are pressure treated to resist insect infestation, so that is something to consider when you're sanding them....
  • Eleanor P
    Eleanor P Brooksville, FL
    Neat idea!
  • Marg C
    Marg C Middletown, NY
    here's the down-low....

The ones I usually work with look like pretty cheap wood and splinter easily. We do have some that come in which are oak

• Amy T
    Amy T Indian Trail, NC
    My pallets where all stamped for being heat treated.
  • Marg C
    Marg C Middletown, NY
    and I just found out this week that the ones painted red on the side are $25 if not returned to the company...wow.
  • BJ Collins Brame
    BJ Collins Brame Summerfield, NC
    Love this idea - we have lots of reclaimed - recycled wood that my husband has used in our carport and storage shed and this is a great idea for a backsplash.
  • Joyce Kainec
    Joyce Kainec Chagrin Falls, OH
    I love this, great look and feeling. BRILLIANT!
  • Rhonda B
    Rhonda B Muscatine, IA
    Love the look!
  • Peggysue
    Peggysue Hidalgo, IL
    Love it!! Great idea!
  • Peggysue
    Peggysue Hidalgo, IL
    Amy T , what did you use to adhere them to the wall? I am going to do this too!! Love it.
Amy T

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing