Old Door and Plumbing Supplies

Awesome Remodels 5 days ago
Sliding barn door hardware costs hundreds. We used simple supplies from the hardware store to hang this awesome old green door that I found at ReStore for $10. The complete cost of the project was less than $40.

#Bestof2012

To see more: http://cottage4c.com/sliding-old-green-door/

• Brenda M
    Brenda M Pittsburgh, PA
    Good luck Elaine! Feel free to email if you have any questions. cottage4c@gmail.com
  • Susan
    Susan Bay City, TX
    Always wanted to do this for my bathroom door, thanks for shareing these tips on a cheeper way. : )
  • 2 Little Superheroes
    OK you are too much! I love everything you do. I have been wanting to do one of these barn sliding doors. So clever.
  • Brenda M
    Brenda M Pittsburgh, PA
    Hey Danielle! Thanks!
  • Catherine S
    Catherine S Oakland, CA
    We saw a house with double barn doors separating the kitchen/dining living room area from the bedroom hallway, and it was splendid. With rough hewn beams in the open living area, we just loved the house, but it was already bid way over asking price.
  • Carol L
    Carol L Moores Hill, IN
    I have a greenish door just like yours. I proped it up in the corner of my bedroom and hung a large wreath on it. I love your idea about hanging it. Definately saving your post. Thank you Brenda.
  • Lynne
    Lynne Detroit, MI
    what a great hanging idea..the door looks great
  • CeeJai
    CeeJai Stockbridge, GA
    love it... good idea for my future basement redo
  • The Palette Blog by Unfolded
    Let see, where can I do this?
  • Shelly
    Shelly Canada
    this is fabulous, just picked up two 1920's doors and will give it a whirl for my master bedroom bathroom. My only dilemma is the arched top of entranceway. Would love to add wood to door to do an arch, but hanging might be tricky and impossible! Any
  • Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl
    Gorgeous blue door! Love the patina.
  • Zee
    Zee Burleson, TX
    Love it. Door envy:-)
  • S.
    Looks great! But isn't it extremely loud when you move the door and the hangers slide on that pipe?
  • Annie
    Annie Sugar Valley, GA
    Love Love Love!! We want to do this in our house. Thanks for saving us money!
  • T.Payne
    T.Payne Elyria, OH
    I've been wanting to make these for my hall windows instead of using curtains or shutters. Thank you for this easy, creative way for inexpensive "barn doors"
Brenda M