Old Door and Plumbing Supplies

Tutorials 23 hours ago
Sliding barn door hardware costs hundreds. We used simple supplies from the hardware store to hang this awesome old green door that I found at ReStore for $10. The complete cost of the project was less than $40.

#Bestof2012

To see more: http://cottage4c.com/sliding-old-green-door/

• Brenda M
    Brenda M Pittsburgh, PA
    Hey Danielle! Thanks!
  • Catherine S
    Catherine S Oakland, CA
    We saw a house with double barn doors separating the kitchen/dining living room area from the bedroom hallway, and it was splendid. With rough hewn beams in the open living area, we just loved the house, but it was already bid way over asking price.
  • Carol L
    Carol L Moores Hill, IN
    I have a greenish door just like yours. I proped it up in the corner of my bedroom and hung a large wreath on it. I love your idea about hanging it. Definately saving your post. Thank you Brenda.
  • Lynne
    Lynne Detroit, MI
    what a great hanging idea..the door looks great
  • CeeJai
    CeeJai Stockbridge, GA
    love it... good idea for my future basement redo
  • The Palette Blog by Unfolded
    Let see, where can I do this?
  • Shelly
    Shelly Canada
    this is fabulous, just picked up two 1920's doors and will give it a whirl for my master bedroom bathroom. My only dilemma is the arched top of entranceway. Would love to add wood to door to do an arch, but hanging might be tricky and impossible! Any
  • Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl
    Gorgeous blue door! Love the patina.
  • Zee
    Zee Burleson, TX
    Love it. Door envy:-)
  • S.
    Looks great! But isn't it extremely loud when you move the door and the hangers slide on that pipe?
  • Annie
    Annie Sugar Valley, GA
    Love Love Love!! We want to do this in our house. Thanks for saving us money!
  • T.Payne
    T.Payne Elyria, OH
    I've been wanting to make these for my hall windows instead of using curtains or shutters. Thank you for this easy, creative way for inexpensive "barn doors"
  • Debs
    Debs Magnolia, KY
    LOVE IT!
  • Farrell Mackennon
    Farrell Mackennon United Kingdom
    DIY projects have always been my favourite as they really get my creative juices flowing to produce an incredible end result to be admired by all. I have done doors too and I have to admit barn doors are simply lovely. It is really amazing to achieve
  • YmooRe
    YmooRe Rangeley, ME
    ♥♥
Brenda M