Make "Baskets" Out of Cardboard Boxes

Хранение Yesterday

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Necessity is the mother of invention, as my mom used to say. I couldn't find the right size baskets to fit on a couple of shelves in my daughter's room, so I covered a wine box and a shoe(boot)box with 4 ply jute twine.#GetOrganized #OrganizedHome

• Here's the project all finished.
  • I found a wine box that was the perfect size (width and depth) and cut down the top
  • I wrapped & hot glued some jute string around a shoe box for the top box and the wine box is on the bottom.
  • I made some liners from a drop cloth to line the cardboard boxes to complete the look.

To see more:

• Kathy
    Kathy Saint Paul, MN
    Over 30 years ago, I covered copy paper boxes and their lids with wallpaper remants for storing sweaters in summer, extra handbags, etc., and I'm still using them. And that old wallpaper reminds me of that house, our first house purchased together. I
    • Nonni
      Nonni Randolph A F B, TX
      Bravo, Kathy! Left over wall paper is amazing for up-cycling and reusing good cardboard boxes. They last forever!
  • Daudie
    Great idea, I love it!
  • Daudie
    Great idea, I love it!
  • Rhonda Davis
    Rhonda Davis South Portland, ME
    I've covered cardboard shoe boxes with dollar store contact paper and they come out so pretty. I cover the tops, too. They're great storage and cost less than the photo boxes you get at craft stores.
  • Patty
    Patty Cicero, NY
    Love this idea! I'm going to do this!
Diy Design Fanatic

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post