Make "Baskets" Out of Cardboard Boxes

DIANE STROUD 3 days ago
Necessity is the mother of invention, as my mom used to say. I couldn't find the right size baskets to fit on a couple of shelves in my daughter's room, so I covered a wine box and a shoe(boot)box with 4 ply jute twine.

To see more: http://diydesignfanatic.blogspot.com/2012/08/baskets-made-from-cardboard-boxes.html

on This Post

• DoeZ
  • Sandy
  • Karen Stark
  • Ruth Swisher

• Tamara Sanders
    Tamara Sanders Lebanon, IN
    I saw this on pintrest done with diaper boxes. I'm searching for some storage containers !myself.. I am tearing fabric into strips from any old things I can find you need glue and some beading if you want
  • Virginia
    virginia Halifax, VA
    Love it thanks for sharing
  • Ann
    Ann Hastings, MI
    The twine is close enough to whatever they make baskets out of to make this look very realistic. My mind is trying to figure out a way to make it look woven. I'll let you know if I figure it out
  • Jeanne Morris
    Jeanne Morris Quincy, MA
    What a fantastic idea! I recently p/u some jute twine w/o any idea as to WHY but just b/c I so liked the look of it --- and I just happen to have a wine box that I didn't really know why I saved -- now I know! I'm going to try this today! Thanks!!
  • Penny
    Penny Utica, NY
    i love it! you do great work...so neat and clean...
Diy Design Fanatic