Make "Baskets" Out of Cardboard Boxes

Necessity is the mother of invention, as my mom used to say. I couldn't find the right size baskets to fit on a couple of shelves in my daughter's room, so I covered a wine box and a shoe(boot)box with 4 ply jute twine.#GetOrganized #OrganizedHome

#Bestof2012

• Here's the project all finished.
  • I found a wine box that was the perfect size (width and depth) and cut down the top
  • I wrapped & hot glued some jute string around a shoe box for the top box and the wine box is on the bottom.
  • I made some liners from a drop cloth to line the cardboard boxes to complete the look.

To see more: http://diydesignfanatic.blogspot.com/2012/08/baskets-made-from-cardboard-boxes.html

• Eclectically Vintage - Kelly
    I so need to do this!
  • Sheryll S
    Sheryll S Jacksonville, FL
    I plan to do this as well. All the ones I have found are too expensive in the first place. I have even covered lamps with jute and they look wonderful. I don't have them now, years ago before my move, but I loved them.
  • Rose
    Rose Hattiesburg, MS
    LOVE this idea! I was going to cover milk crates someone gave me but I like this idea much better for my sewing room! Thank you for sharing!!! GOOD IDEA! And I have a huge roll of jute I bought for tying up my tomatoes last year to! :)
  • Bernadette M
    Bernadette M Snoqualmie, WA
    This, is awesome. Clever beyond words.
  • Laurie
    Laurie Jonesboro, AR
    So clever, and they look great!
  • Jan M
    Jan M Noble, OK
    What a great idea!! I never would have thought of this!!!
  • Paticia G
    Paticia G Clermont, FL
    Awesome and you have the patience of a saint to wrap and glue So very creative
  • Jan O
    Jan O Clancy, MT
    Awesome idea !
  • Annette K
    Annette K Moore, SC
    This is a great idea! I need to get busy. Thanks for sharing!
  • Lisa M
    Lisa M Syracuse, NY
    Wow- what a great idea! They look fantastic- thanks for sharing!
  • Marilee H
    Marilee H Youngstown, OH
    What a good idea! Thaks for sharing.
  • Talithagrace K
    Talithagrace K Eden, NC
    I got boxes, I got twine, I got to get to making baskets for my sewing room. This is great! Thanks for sharing.
  • Beckie @ Infarrantly Creative
    Dude aren't baskets so difficult to find when you need them the right size. I love this idea.
  • ViewAlongTheWay
    ViewAlongTheWay Marietta, GA
    OMG! This is SO brilliant!! Even knowing they're twine-wrapped cardboard boxes, they STILL look like legit baskets to me. :) Great job!
  • Dionne W
    Dionne W Blue Springs, MO
    I am so going to try this.
Diy Design Fanatic