Make "Baskets" Out of Cardboard Boxes

Bulletin board ideas 21 hours ago
Necessity is the mother of invention, as my mom used to say. I couldn't find the right size baskets to fit on a couple of shelves in my daughter's room, so I covered a wine box and a shoe(boot)box with 4 ply jute twine.#GetOrganized #OrganizedHome

#Bestof2012

• Here's the project all finished.
  • I found a wine box that was the perfect size (width and depth) and cut down the top
  • I wrapped & hot glued some jute string around a shoe box for the top box and the wine box is on the bottom.
  • I made some liners from a drop cloth to line the cardboard boxes to complete the look.

To see more: http://diydesignfanatic.blogspot.com/2012/08/baskets-made-from-cardboard-boxes.html

• Bonnie
    Bonnie Lebanon, MO
    Looks like the real deal!! Very clever...although, I think the wine box with its design is pretty to use as is! Some people stencil designs like those....
  • Katie Dillon
    Katie Dillon Point Pleasant Beach, NJ
    Thats fantastic!
  • Judi
    Judi Stanwood, WA
    Judi from Stanwood Love this idea. I wrote you a long post, but I must have hit the wrong button to post it and the whole thing disappeared. I can't find it anywhere. It was about the things that my mother used to make, including a chest of drawers
  • Mamasmurf5000
    mamasmurf5000 Fairmont, MN
    I found discounted wall paper to cover boxes for my office shelves. The jute idea is classu
  • Suzanne Jones
    Suzanne Jones Fort Worth, TX
    I am SOOO going to do this!!
Diy Design Fanatic