Boys bunk beds

building 06.30.15
I have 3 little boys that share a room. I still wanted a ton of floor space for them to play so this is what we came up with! There are 4 twin beds and 2 trundles, making it a total of 6 beds. It took my husband and I 3 days to complete this project. Here are some pictures of our construction process.
  • After all it's was all done.
  • This is what it looked like at the beginning of the 3 days.
  • After the second day
  • On the 3rd day before paint!
  • Another after. There's a little hiding spot behind the stairs where they can read a book or play.
  • Close up of the outdoor lighting from Home Depot I used.
  • Christina Wurst
    you could even turn one of the top areas into a toy space. It looks like a club house
  • Christina Wurst
    you should patent this! There's definitely a market for it! Especially for familys with numerous kids and limited space! great idea!
  • Mary W
    Mary W Madison, VA
    wow! that is great lucky little boys.
  • Annette Snyder
    Annette Snyder San Jose, CA
    What a great idea and so compact. Safe, too!
  • Sharron W
    Sharron W Memphis, TN
    Great planning! This is awesome use of space!
  • Kevin Soergel
    Kevin Soergel Gibsonia, PA
    Nice! Is it seniority to get on top? Looks like fun for the kids.
  • Joan Onderko
    Joan Onderko San Antonio, TX
    Great use of space. Could you put drawers under the bottom two beds ???
  • Winnie
    Winnie Columbus, NC
    Very clever, but it must be difficult to change linens/make bed on the uppers.
  • Bonnie Krebs Bartha
    Wow very very cool....what lucky boys you have!!!
  • P R
    P R Live Oak, FL
    That is just wonderful.
  • Cindy P
    Cindy P Williamsport, MD
    This area is awesome. If I was a young kid, I would love it. You even thought about them having friends stay over so they don't have to sleep on the floor. How did they choose who gets the top and bottom? Rotate?
  • Lisa Pennington
    Lisa Pennington San Antonio, TX
    This is fabulous! We have something similar that we built for 2 beds, but ours isn't this attractive. You've done an amazing job! Lisa~
  • Eclectically Vintage - Kelly
    I always thought if I ever had a little vacation house, I would do something like this! It's amazing and I bet the kids love it!
  • Helena @ Design Wotcha!
    Helena @ Design Wotcha! Laguna Beach, CA
    wow - this is amazing - so sophisticated!

if you wanted to add some extra privacy for the beds below you could add curtains...

Nikki Grandy