Hometalk.com

diy 04.11.14

Mason Jar Window Treatment

This is a simple way to add charm to a window. I used wired twine to wrap around the mason jars, and hung them by twine from a wooden valence. Adds warmth to the room with the candles lit on a cool night. And lovely in the summer with some sweet flowers from the garden.

#Bestof2012

To see more: http://cottage4c.com/mason-jar-window-treatment/ and http://cottage4c.com/updated-summer-mason-jar-window-treatment/

62 Comments Displaying 15 of 62 comments | See Previous
  • Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    @Bernice & Marg - ah hem . . . .canning jars have a lid and a metal screw on ring which holds the lid on securely during the actual canning process. Usually the ring is removed after the lids have sealed and you can keep using them over & over.
  • Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    CND - now that's really cute too!! Just shows that a little imagination, a few bottles & some wire or whatever, and woo-lah, a unique window accessory!! I want to know about the chickens on the board above - are those appliques or what??
  • Elizabeth Easley, SC
    That would be "voila". The French equivalent of 'ta-da". :)
  • VP J Norcross, GA
    Really warm, sweet country chic idea Brenda.
  • Cheryl Port Orange, FL
    So sweet! I love it!
  • Bernice H Yakima, WA
    @Susan......my bad! I feel so inadequate...so ..so...what can i say? I should know what "rings" are, shouldnt I? I have been on this earth long enough...good gravy what has happened to my educamation? Ok I feel enlightened now! whew! :) At least I
  • Lori M Solana Beach, CA
    I love this idea. I think I will use it in a window at Christmas and put a pine floral wreath around the base of each one. Perhaps with a few holly berries?
  • Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    @Bernice - those short naps are great aren't they? LOL It's ok Sweetie we ALL slip up now & then. I think I've been caught a couple of times!!
  • Marg C Middletown, NY
    that's what I meant SuzieQ.... the jars have a fllat thing that sits on top and then you screw on the ring right? Now I know that 'flat thing' is actually called the lid LOL...I call the whole 2 pc setup the lids....sorry, city girl at heart here. So
  • Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Marg - did you ever find the wired twine??? Also, one more reason for removing the "rings" once the lids have sealed is you can use the same rings on the next batch if you're canning but also occasionally the rings can get a little rusty and then
  • Marg C Middletown, NY
    no Susan, I got so caught up in ACMoore and Michaels that I didn't have the energy to go over to Jo-Anns :S probaby a good thing though because since then I've decided that I wouldn't use the quart size. I've also thought of a couple more good things
  • Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Oh I know how that works!! I get in stores and get soooo distracted by just looking at stuff. BTW - sweet pea - still waitin on those clean pooch pics. Heck, the worst is over so what's holdin you up now???
  • Marg C Middletown, NY
    Susan, head over to RR I'll be posting them now :)
  • Bunker Barb Big Bend, WI
    would look good on a sun porch
  • Jenni Omaha, NE
    I like it.