Hometalk.com

30 Comments Displaying 15 of 30 comments | See Previous
  • Kay Holt Lynchburg, VA
    I have six ponds total - 5 in backyard, largest 12 x 20 I dug 4 years ago, has Butterfly Koi, others are preformed with Shibunkins, Fancy Goldfish, nursery pond - I keep waterfalls going all year round - wonderful! Love seeing my "babies" grown
  • Elaine Leduc Three Rivers, MA
    Too many fish!.....the pond is beautiful but, don't the fish nip at you when you go in the water??
  • I love these pics....would love a Koi pond!
  • MaryAnn D Ocala, FL
    Nice would love one
  • Jackie Arcadia, FL
    would love one, but afraid mine would get infested with alligators
  • Jeanette freeze Purdy, MO
    i have a stock tank also gold fish have been in there for 3year;s summer winter its wonderful to see them swim
  • I have a Front yard pond. My pourch is on the front facing the river across the road so, I wanted it so I cound enjoy watching and hearing it. Mines a frog pond. I love listening to them at night and in the day when it rains. They too winter over in
  • Deck and Patio Company "O... Huntington Station, NY
    I've been to the house where the fish swim out of the water to grab their food on the rock. Really cool!
  • Connie H Wimauma, FL
    love it! My neighbor had one, and did not hand feed so that if raccoon's got in her yard the koi would not go up to them.
  • Pat W Boise, ID
    this is my pond in Boise,Idaho
  • Becky H Tampa, FL
    Pat W., you mean those pesky herons are up there too?!! Pretty pond! What type of grass is that growing next to the pond?
  • Pat W Boise, ID
    I think herons are everywhere! The grass is actually in the pond and is a type of papyrus..I've had it for about 5 years and just leave it there winter and summer and it does fine...
  • Aquascape Inc. Saint Charles, IL
    Nice pond, Pat!
  • Julie Draper Independence, MO
    Where is it that you live to keep these fish out through winter? Or is ther some other way you do things?
  • Aquascape Inc. Saint Charles, IL
    Julie Draper, the ponds in the photos are located in the Chicago area. You can keep fish in the pond year round as long as it's at least 2 feet deep. Here's a video that talks about caring