Old Chandelier Makeover into Garden 'Candelier'

DYI 08.21.15
Last week I pulled a rather sad looking chandelier out of my basement, where it has been for about 15 years. It was given to me long before that, but I never hung it anywhere. I decided that its time for a makeover had finally come, so I gave it a new life as a garden candelier.

To see more: http://www.thriftyrebel.com/2012/09/old-chandelier-makeover-into-garden.html

• Helene234
    Helene234 Beverly Hills, CA
    great idea, I've used my old chandeliers outdoors by adding sun powered lights to them so that they light up in the evening. When I saw your cups, I thought plants/flowers could look cute in them also.
  • B. Enne
    B. Enne Canada
    I might do this with my wired chandelier...getting tire of the fake candle look.
    • Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage
      B. Enne My chandelier was wired too, but very dated looking and had been forgotten about in the basement for years. This project gave it a new life and now it's hung on the back deck every summer.
  • Colleen McCalip
    Colleen McCalip Cheney, WA
    Those cups are a great idea, they could be used as a bird feeder instead of candle holders...Love the idea!!!

• Peggy
    Peggy Kinston, NC
    This is great hope i can find one to fix
  • Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage
    Thanks for your comments everyone. The glass in the middle was from the original chandelier. It just needed a good cleaning. I used espresso cups because they can take the heat of the tea lights. Thanks so much. I really appreciate your interest.
  • Nicolette T
    Nicolette T Tampa, FL
    Hei that is the coolest thing I have ever seen! Could use it right away in my greenhouse, wow! Cross finger that I find a thrift chandelier real quick now!
  • Jim L
    Jim L Columbia, SC
    Great idea...instead of "cups" use small clear juice glasses (or clear custard cups) so that the candles show at night...
  • Terryspansy
    terryspansy Milton, FL
    Beautiful~ Did you add the glass in the middle also?
  • Ann B
    Ann B Winter Park, FL
    Very beautiful, great idea just makes you stop and think "should I throw away or save for a rainy day" lol
  • Shirley Lee
    Shirley Lee Holdenville, OK
    I think I am going to make this to hang in my new chicken pen.
  • Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage
    Thanks very much!
  • Acorn Ponds & Waterfalls
    Wow this is beautiful, coffee anyone?
Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage

Search Feedback