Old Chandelier Makeover into Garden 'Candelier'

DYI 08.21.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Last week I pulled a rather sad looking chandelier out of my basement, where it has been for about 15 years. It was given to me long before that, but I never hung it anywhere. I decided that its time for a makeover had finally come, so I gave it a new life as a garden candelier.

To see more: http://www.thriftyrebel.com/2012/09/old-chandelier-makeover-into-garden.html

• Helene234
    Helene234 Beverly Hills, CA
    great idea, I've used my old chandeliers outdoors by adding sun powered lights to them so that they light up in the evening. When I saw your cups, I thought plants/flowers could look cute in them also.
  • B. Enne
    B. Enne Canada
    I might do this with my wired chandelier...getting tire of the fake candle look.
    • Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage
      B. Enne My chandelier was wired too, but very dated looking and had been forgotten about in the basement for years. This project gave it a new life and now it's hung on the back deck every summer.
  • Colleen McCalip
    Colleen McCalip Cheney, WA
    Those cups are a great idea, they could be used as a bird feeder instead of candle holders...Love the idea!!!

• Peggy
    Peggy Kinston, NC
    This is great hope i can find one to fix
  • Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage
    Thanks for your comments everyone. The glass in the middle was from the original chandelier. It just needed a good cleaning. I used espresso cups because they can take the heat of the tea lights. Thanks so much. I really appreciate your interest.
  • Nicolette T
    Nicolette T Tampa, FL
    Hei that is the coolest thing I have ever seen! Could use it right away in my greenhouse, wow! Cross finger that I find a thrift chandelier real quick now!
  • Jim L
    Jim L Columbia, SC
    Great idea...instead of "cups" use small clear juice glasses (or clear custard cups) so that the candles show at night...
  • Terryspansy
    terryspansy Milton, FL
    Beautiful~ Did you add the glass in the middle also?
  • Ann B
    Ann B Winter Park, FL
    Very beautiful, great idea just makes you stop and think "should I throw away or save for a rainy day" lol
  • Shirley Lee
    Shirley Lee Holdenville, OK
    I think I am going to make this to hang in my new chicken pen.
  • Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage
    Thanks very much!
  • Acorn Ponds & Waterfalls
    Wow this is beautiful, coffee anyone?
Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post