Old Chandelier Makeover into Garden 'Candelier'

Decor I adore 07.26.15
Last week I pulled a rather sad looking chandelier out of my basement, where it has been for about 15 years. It was given to me long before that, but I never hung it anywhere. I decided that its time for a makeover had finally come, so I gave it a new life as a garden candelier.

To see more: http://www.thriftyrebel.com/2012/09/old-chandelier-makeover-into-garden.html

• Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel
    Thanks for your comments everyone. The glass in the middle was from the original chandelier. It just needed a good cleaning. I used espresso cups because they can take the heat of the tea lights. Thanks so much. I really appreciate your interest.
  • Peggy
    Peggy Kinston, NC
    This is great hope i can find one to fix
  • Colleen McCalip
    Colleen McCalip Cheney, WA
    Those cups are a great idea, they could be used as a bird feeder instead of candle holders...Love the idea!!!

• B. enne
    b. enne Canada
    I might do this with my wired chandelier...getting tire of the fake candle look.
    • Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel
      B. enne My chandelier was wired too, but very dated looking and had been forgotten about in the basement for years. This project gave it a new life and now it's hung on the back deck every summer.
  • Helene234
    Helene234 Beverly Hills, CA
    great idea, I've used my old chandeliers outdoors by adding sun powered lights to them so that they light up in the evening. When I saw your cups, I thought plants/flowers could look cute in them also.
Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel