Hometalk.com

Plants & Flowers 14 hours ago

Old Chandelier Makeover into Garden 'Candelier'

Last week I pulled a rather sad looking chandelier out of my basement, where it has been for about 15 years. It was given to me long before that, but I never hung it anywhere. I decided that its time for a makeover had finally come, so I gave it a new life as a garden candelier.

To see more: http://www.thriftyrebel.com/2012/09/old-chandelier-makeover-into-garden.html

15 Comments Displaying 15 of 15 comments
  • Cool idea! I bet it looks fantastic at night too!
  • Thanks! It looks fabulous at night, but photos didn't do it justice so I haven't added any. I hope to try again with a different camera to see how that works. I appreciate the comment!
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Very pretty Tuula. I have a friend that did something similar only alternated tea cups and little bird houses putting birdseed in the cups.
  • Thanks Becky! There are so many fabulous things that can be done to makeover old and outdated chandeliers. I hope to get my hands on a few more in the future so I can try out some other ideas I have. Thanks for the comment.
  • Becky Blair, NE
    You're welcome Tuula. I guess I should have added above how beautiful your landscaping is!
  • Acorn Landscaping Rochester, NY
    Wow this is beautiful, coffee anyone?
  • Thanks very much!
  • Shirley Lee Holdenville, OK
    I think I am going to make this to hang in my new chicken pen.
  • Ann B Winter Park, FL
    Very beautiful, great idea just makes you stop and think "should I throw away or save for a rainy day" lol
  • Tammy Milton, FL
    Beautiful~ Did you add the glass in the middle also?
  • Jim L Columbia, SC
    Great idea...instead of "cups" use small clear juice glasses (or clear custard cups) so that the candles show at night...
  • Nicolette T Tampa, FL
    Hei that is the coolest thing I have ever seen! Could use it right away in my greenhouse, wow! Cross finger that I find a thrift chandelier real quick now!
  • Thanks for your comments everyone. The glass in the middle was from the original chandelier. It just needed a good cleaning. I used espresso cups because they can take the heat of the tea lights. Thanks so much. I really appreciate your interest.
  • Peggy Kinston, NC
    This is great hope i can find one to fix
  • Colleen McCalip Cheney, WA
    Those cups are a great idea, they could be used as a bird feeder instead of candle holders...Love the idea!!!