Making Your plastic pumpkins look real!

Fall Tips 08.22.15
Do your plastic pumpkins look really, really fake? Well, thought I would write a quick post to tell you how to fix this problem in just a few minutes!

All you need is some antiquing gel, also called antiquing paint from the acrylic paint section. My standby is "burnt umber".

Pour some of the burnt umber paint onto a paper plate. Add a little water and mix. Next, using a brush, add your paint to a small section of your pumpkin. Then take a dry paper towel and rub up and down your pumpkin gently. This will leave the paint in the crevices of the pumpkin. Continue this technique all the way around your pumpkin.

Once you are finished, let it dry completely. Then spray with a sealer. That is it! It makes a world of difference! Happy Fall!

• All you need is some antiquing gel, also called antiquing paint from the acrylic paint section. My standby is "burnt umber". Pour some of the burnt umber paint onto a paper plate. Add a little water and mix. Next, using a brush, add your paint to a small section of your pumpkin. Then take a...

To see more: http://www.decorating-ideas-made-easy.com

• Spyn
    That's a great temporary fix but nothing acrylic or oil will permanently adhere to plastic.
  • LaDona Sullivan
    LaDona Sullivan Merced, CA
    I will try this. I use pumpkin masters to carve my faux pumpkins, this can be very time consuming, but very scary pumpkins. I have carved real pumpkins several years with the same thing. I finaly got a faux pumpkin so no more carving the same thing.
  • Cindy Boyenga
    Cindy Boyenga Tampico, IL
    the price of real pumpkins makes this worth the effort to do...thanks!
  • Amanda
    Amanda Uniontown, PA
    What type of paint
Jennifer Decorates

Search Feedback