Hometalk.com

24 Comments Displaying 15 of 24 comments | See Previous
  • Shelley Behm Billings, MT
    You've done an excellent job giving your kitchen more personality. I really like how great the counter tops look with your painted cabinets. I also thought they looked greenish in your photo but lovely nonetheless You've chosen great accessories, too.
  • Adventures in Decorating Little River, SC
    I know, Annette! I truly see more green/not grey in the Chateaux "Grey!" You will LOVE chalk paint. It's truly easy to work with and such fabulous colors to choose from ... it would work wonderfully on your cabinets, too!
    Thanks so much, Shelley Behm !! I love the green hue that the "Chateaux Grey" has!
  • Annette Palatine, IL
    I think I am going to go for it...I have the dreaded honey oak 80's style cabinets. With chalk paint, do I have to sand first?
  • Jackie Prim Stillwater, NJ
    You hit it on the head, its perfect.Well done!
    That's great, Annette ... you won't be disappointed. And, no, you don't have to sand first when using chalk paint. (Probably just a bit of TSP on your cabinets to get any grease off first.)
    Thanks so much, Jackie!
  • Linda K Melbourne, FL
    i love the color of your cabinets, what color did you paint them
    Thank you, Linda! I painted them one coat of Annie Sloane's Old white, followed by two coats of her Chateaux Grey.
  • Beautiful kitchen!!!
    Thank you, Shirley !!
  • This room is so cozy and beautiful!
    Thanks so very much, Lauren !!
  • MrsCSmith Bloomington, IL
    Love the curtains...can you share where you purchased them?
  • Patricia Morse Lake City, PA
    I love the whole room, both before and after! It's lovely! And yes, you are all correct in thinking that the Chateau Gray Cabinets look green....it is a gray green. I love that color, too! For those of you who don't want to spend the money on Annie Sloan