Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

"Astonishing transformation" of a small, non-functioning Koi Pond .

Backyard Escapes 06.22.14
The existing dare I say, Koi Pond, was upgraded to create that special "Wow" factor for this family's quaint outdoor living area which is nestled behind a beautiful Victorian home. The existing 6' x 8' pond was given a gorgeous face lift to say the least. This unique installation was designed and installed by Jerry Romano and his Liquid Designz team. The idea behind this installation was to create a waterscape that the homeowners 3 Collies could enjoy without trampling and knocking over rocks. Our design concept was to create a unique waterscape that was mainly viewed from their patio and had the pond section breakthrough the existing Verandah wall so it appears to be dropping onto the lawn of the back yard. This building technique is known as a vanishing or negative edge/skimmer. Now one of the key design and illusion elements is that the Pondless reservoir or wet well where the final cascade spills into, should not be viewable from the patio area to achieve the best effect. In order to achieve this we installed sod over the last three feet of rain tanks. Some of the design features for this Pond was to use thick slabs around the entire perimeter of the pond, hence the safe interaction for the dogs. In addition, we incorporated multiple waterfall exits that drop towards the seating area of the patio and then into a 15' stream that makes it way down to the main Koi Pond.
3 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 3 of 3 comments
  • Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    What a wonderful post! Thank you for sharing this and beautiful work!!
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Ponds Patios and Waterfalls Co.
    Nice job Jerry. I hope to see you at the next pond seminar....
  • Jackie Estrella
    Jackie Estrella Dexter, ME
    Oh man. I want this ... and many more! Awesome.
Liquid Designz - "Second Only to Nature"