Hometalk.com

41 Comments Displaying 15 of 41 comments | See Previous
  • Jessica Hill Saginaw, MI
    Most spools of thread fit in the openings, but it's good to check first!
  • Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    My grandma had a piece of plywood with a bunch of hole drilled into it at an angle and then pieces of dowel rod were glued in the holes. Tthe dowels were slightley smaller in diameter than the spools of thread. I guess pegboard would also work.
  • Jackie Ayo Douglasville, GA
    Can you share where you can find the wire shelves of this type? Container Store maybe? Couldn't find at Lowes or Home Depot.
  • Jessica Hill Saginaw, MI
    Jackie, I originally got them at Target. I think they still carry them. If not, try amazon.com!
  • Laurie Bongard Saint Paul, MN
    Ha! I just realized that I have these shelves also. I was going to get rid of them, lol!
  • Jessica Hill Saginaw, MI
    Don't get rid of them!!!
  • Cindy Crabtree Radcliff, KY
    Jackie, I got mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond
  • Love this!!
  • Shirley East Grand Forks, MN
    I'm looking for some wire grids like that to hang from the ceiling. Then use shower curtain rings to hang my scarf collection from it. Need to find the grids though. Any help?
  • Jessica Hill Saginaw, MI
    I think you can usually find them on Amazon, Shirley.
  • Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    Most thrift stores have them too. Not new but les expensive.
  • Shirley East Grand Forks, MN
    Thanks for the tips. :)
  • Lynn Somerset, MA
    Use to hang spices!
  • Vickie G Greeley, CO
    Love this idea. I have had two pieces of shelving grids for a long time and couldn't remember how to put them on the wall. Had to look up your project. Gonna do this tomorrow.
  • Linda Sessoms Oklahoma City, OK
    For the spools of thread, get a 3/4" or 1" thick by 8" wide by as long as you need, piece of lumber (throw-away or check with a housing contractor). Mark dots where the spools will center on the plank and then drive long headless nails into each dot at