My hubby spent an hour at Lowes figuring out how to make this..I love it

Outside 7 days ago
Using a 1/2" threaded pipe at each end, slightly bent at the top, drill a hole in the bottom of the kettle and insert 3/8" soft rubber tubing down thru the pipe and close off the bottom of the kettle with a galvanized floor flange . Use a pond pump that will lift water 7-8 ft, follow those directions for it but to place it to the barrell,( which is a large plastic type, we were afraid a whiskey barrell would leak,) drill a hole in the outside lower edge and insert pump tubing, use silicone to seal it, the center is a flower stand and the tray is a old cooking tray.Fill barrel with water, plug it in and woa la.
  • TaniaC
    TaniaC Fairfield, IL
    Lindsay Jackson Thank You♥
  • Helen
    Helen Turtle Creek, PA
    Thank You
  • Lindsay Jackson
    Lindsay Jackson Hemphill, TX
    Yes, we have used it and it *does* work.
  • Deanna Robertson Ingersoll
    Menards sells whiskey barrell liners that would probably work for this project.
  • TaniaC
    TaniaC Fairfield, IL
    Lindsay Jackson I've seen that stuff ...Have you used it and does it actually Work???.... Just curious!
  • Marlene Raitt
    Marlene Raitt Libby, MT
    thank you thank you ---hugs to the husband
  • Lindsay Jackson
    Lindsay Jackson Hemphill, TX
    Great idea! Love it! If you coat the inside of a whiskey/planting barrel with that spray you see advertised on tv you could use one.
  • Angela A
    Angela A Lula, GA
    Awesome! Thanks for the instructions! Another project added to the list!!! Boy is that list growing!!!! ;-)
  • TaniaC
    TaniaC Fairfield, IL
    Namaws Thanks for sharing your how to pics... That's awesome♥
  • Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    Namaws, awesome - thank you! You can actually click on edit right below the first picture above and add this info at the top. Do you see it?
  • CeeJai
    CeeJai Stockbridge, GA
    This is going on my husband's 'honey-do-list... LOL
  • Dee W
    Dee W Rock Creek, OH
    How very clever your husband is, and thoughtful...it looks great!
  • TaniaC
    TaniaC Fairfield, IL
    How awesome is that... I may have to attempt to make one of these....But I'm with Douglas Hunt It will take a lot longer than an hour to figure out....:)
  • Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    That would be awesome, Namaws!
  • Becky H
    Becky H Tampa, FL
    Too funny Douglas!
Namaws