Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
Kitchen 07.22.14

Does Size Matter For Kitchens?

Does a kitchen have to be big to be beautiful? Can small kitchens satisfy? We think that beautiful kitchens come in all shapes and sizes! Here is what REALLY matters: 1. It's not the size, it's the functionality! Create a kitchen that functions for You! When remodeling an Atlanta kitchen, we consider everything from the families' shopping habits to the chefs' heights to ensure we create a space that works for the family that lives there! 2. Proper landing and prep space and adequate/comfortable traffic flow are possible even in smaller kitchens. If you don't entertain and prefer a smaller kitchen, there is nothing wrong with that! 3. If resale is a consideration either now or in the future, factor that in to all your kitchen decisions when you remodel. Whether you love big or small kitchens, consider the opposite point of view to ensure some universal appeal if you'll need to sell your home in 5 - 7 years.Questions about kitchen remodeling? Ask away! Or visit us at http://www.akatlanta.com/Atlanta-Kitchen-Ren...
24 Comments Displaying 15 of 24 comments | See Previous
  • Homeroad
    Homeroad Greenlawn, NY
    I love the hanging lights over the island in the white kitchen.... might be small but it sure is stylin!
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • AK Complete Home Renovations
    Thank you all - So many smart people here on Hometalk who hold similar design philosophies! ;)
  • Ponds Inc. of Illinois, Jason Lenox
    Incredibly nice! Thank you for sharing!
  • Sherry L
    Sherry L Deridder, LA
    Size does matter. You have to have decent space to lay out a really useable kitchen. When we bought our present 1940's house it was with the understanding that it could be remodeled which included knocking out a wall to enlarge the space..
  • AK Complete Home Renovations
    How small do you think is TOO small?
  • Kendra M
    Kendra M Absecon, NJ
    Big kitchen is nice, but small kitchen can be nice too. It depends on how to organize our stuff.
  • Sherrie S
    Sherrie S Debary, FL
    Sherry L, AK could knock out a wall or more if when talking to you he realized you wanted something larger. I'm certain he doesn't limit size. The bigger it is the more it costs. From the contractors view what's not to like about a large size?
  • Angie P
    Angie P Moreland, GA
    I'm thinking that depends on the size of your family. You wouldn't want to sit 8 people down in a small eat-in kitchen, and a 2 person family wouldn't want to get lost in a big kitchen. So yes, in my opinion, size does matter...
  • Ramona
    Ramona Semmes, AL
    The " Small but Beautiful" kitchen, I would like to know the measure of this room. Thanks
  • Phoenix Stone Solutions
    These photos are great...makes a good point!
  • Karen Pothier
    Karen Pothier Demorest, GA
    Size can matter depending on what you want from your kitchen. I have a small U shaped kitchen with a small eat-in space and since I love to cook and bake (that's my relaxation) there are many days I wish it were a tad bit larger, enough to have an
  • Willieamwinston
    I have read several articles in <a href="http://www.bestekloza.in/kitchen-equipment.html"> kitchen equipment</a> and accessories, but this article seems to be pretty much confident with unique and interesting lines. Personally, I think it’s
  • Willieamwinston
  • Julie - Lilacs and Longhorns
    I have a large kitchen that is not laid out well (obviously the designer didn't cook!) A well-designed kitchen is the real key -- not the size. I grew up with a galley kitchen and it functioned very well -- biggest issue was counter/prep space, but with
AK Complete Home Renovations

Stay updated on all the latest home and garden trends! It's free & easy and takes just a sec!