Lighted Christmas Canvas

crafts 7 hours ago
I just love the glow of Christmas lights. The more the better in my book! So I decided to add more to my decor by making a lighted Christmas canvas with a special "Believe" message.
lights
Just turn off the rest of your lights and bask in the lighted Christmas canvas!
SUPPLIES
16 x 20 white canvas
100 mini-lights
Silver Sharpie
Stencil or sticker with message you want (mine was a multi-pack of stickers that wasn’t necessarily Christmas but I made it work for the holidays)
Something sharp for making holes (like scissors, skewer or the like)
Optional: hot glue gun (I ended up not needing one)
Pick your message (using either stencil or stickers) and decide placement on your canvas. I went classically centered.
Using your silver Sharpie draw snowflakes of various sizes all over your canvas. I started by drawing the dots for placement first and then finished up with the full snowflake.
Really fill up the canvas to make it seem oh so snowy and sparkly!
I tried to make one hundred snow flakes to fit my one hundred mini lights. However, I wasn’t able to use all my snowflakes with lights because they were too close to the wooden frame so add more snowflakes if you want to use all the lights.
Use your sharp object (I used scissors) to make a small hole in the center of the snow flake.
Push your lights through the holes. If you made any holes too big you can use a dab of hot glue to secure the light in place.
Plug it in and you’re done!
Look at the sparkle of silver and lights!
Do you believe?
Where would you put this in your home? Mantel? Bookcase? Wall?

To see more: http://rhapsodyinrooms.com/2014/11/25/secret-santa-craft-lighted-christmas-canvas/

on This Post

• Roxannagoff01
    Roxannagoff01 Noblesville, IN
    they make smaller like lights with just a little roung ball on the end to poke through holes im just saying .....
  • Pam Belcher
    Pam Belcher Mooresville, NC
    I love this and I will try this too. Battery strand lights won't get as hot and they will use batteries. I think it would be worth it. Hobby lobby usually has everything you need. I hope mine will turn out as pretty as yours. Mooresville, NC
  • Phillipcardjr
    phillipcardjr Endicott, NY
    This being featured in a slide show now means there is more than enough time to get one ready for Christmas in July...what do you say?
  • SereniteaSB
    SereniteaSB Ishpeming, MI
    I used a strand of the lights specifically made for the canvas prints, found at Dollar Tree. A couple strands would be nice but not as many as the whole strand of the tree lights if you are concerned for the heat. When tree lights are on for 5-10 hours,
  • Bernice Falco
    Bernice Falco South Weymouth, MA
    LOVE this idea! So peaceful and beautiful looking! Thanks for sharing and have a blessed day. Bernice
Megan Aubrey