Cleaning with Vinegar

cleaning ideas 06.01.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
I used to use vinegar just for taking the sting our of my sunburn, but now that I am an adult (and wear sunscreen) I love using vinegar to clean everything! I have recently have ditched the rest of my cleaning supplies and made up a few formulas of vinegar cleaners, including some lemon scented ones!

With just some cleaning vinegar, water, and a spray bottle, there is a world of possibilities to clean naturally and economically. Add in some essential oils for a different scent and also mix it with baking soda for a scrubber! #cleaningtricks

Difficulty: Easy
  • Cleaning up with Heinz Cleaning Vinegar! A few simple ingredients are all you need. Cleaning Vinegar or white vinegar, water and for a special scent, some essential oils.
  • I used essential oils like lemon and tea tree scented my vinegar and water solution and I love the scent.It is so refreshing.
  • 1-2 cups of vinegar and about 1/4 cup of baking soda cleans your drain. Just place the baking soda in the drain and then pour the vinegar in. Let is sit and bubbles for about 15 minutes and then run hot water.
  • To make a great cleaning is simple. Just mix equal parts Heinz Cleaning Vinegar and water, then add 5-10 drops of lemon essential oil (it depends on the strength of the scent you desire) -

To see more:

• Jeanette S
    Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    A couple of years ago Heloise was on TV and said she asked Good Housekeeping to test vinegar and they reported it removed 95% of the mold and germs! It is also good for removing that grass that grows outside between the pavement and gutter of the
    • Holly Lefevre
      Holly Lefevre Austin, TX
      I am not sure how I missed this comment (from so long ago)...I a going. To be trying the vinegar in my yard on the weeds!
Holly Lefevre

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post