How To Mount a TV on a Brick Fireplace

Furniture DIY 04.14.13

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
The installation of the mounting hardware was much easier than I expected. We used concrete sleeve anchors but you could also use Tapcom anchors.This was quite a process but by taking it one step at a time I got the TV where I wanted it...finally! Visit my blog post to see the step by step process.
  • By hanging the TV over the fireplace I was able to combine 2 focal points into one.
  • I was also able to move my furniture to a more open arrangement.
  • I had some help. The cable company was wonderful and my handy-man just did what I told him to!

To see more:

• .
    . Albert, OK
    Looks very nice job OSP. My hubby wants our TV over the fireplace, but with my neck injury I fear it will be uncomfortable. Have you noticed that you feel like you are looking up too much while viewing your TV?
  • Ann @ On Sutton Place
    No not at all. I lowered my mantel as far as I could so we could mount the TV as low as possible. We definitely are not looking up at all. I wish we would have done this years ago!
  • .
    . Albert, OK
    Thank you. We have a wood burning fireplace so the mantel can't be lowered too low. We've yet to build our surround and built ins on either side, but I know where the mantel height will be and it seems quite high to me. I guess I can only hope that it
  • Jackie Prim
    Jackie Prim Stillwater, NJ
    A wood burning stove is very hot heat.Heat rises and I would be concerned it would effect the TV.
  • .
    . Albert, OK
    That's another concern of mine. We haven't done a heat test yet. It's a new home with a very efficient (triple wall) wood burning fireplace kit so it could very well be okay. We're waiting for the first cold night to burn a fire.
Ann @ On Sutton Place

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post