Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Country French Kitchen Remodel: Suited For A Family Of 6!

For the Garden 12.27.13
With a family of 6, this crowded kitchen never worked well for the homeowners. The peninsula cooktop overlooked the breakfast area and family room, but walking around it created extra steps. The homeowners wanted a more open concept that would combine the three rooms into one as much as possible.

An additional request was that the overall feel remind my client of her grandmother's kitchen with a country French look, eliminating as many wall cabinets as possible. (Note the open shelves throughout - and the re-occurring brackets) To accomplish this, one wall was taken out along with the peninsula. This left enough space to include an island for cooking, and bar seating for the children to do their homework.

http://www.randidestefano.com/jordan-kitchen...

14 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 14 of 14 comments
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    I don't think I would have complained about the old kitchen, but I don't have a family of 6, so I also wouldn't be very crowded in there. I can see how the new kitchen really opened it up for them while still providing plenty of functionality. Nice work.
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    Adore that kitchen!
  • Andrea C
    Andrea C Milwaukee, WI
    I like both kitchens. I doesn't look as if it has the same amount of storage without the upper cabinets. Since the island is longer it might make up for the lack of upper cabinets.
  • Darlene
    Darlene De Pere, WI
    I like the brightness & colors.
  • Mary Wise-Kemmerer
    well.. I have a family of six and my kitchen is much smaller..I like the older one better just b/c it looks homie..the new one is beautiful if that is your taste..
  • Shelley
    Shelley Kalkaska, MI
    I think the new was excessive and the old just needed a little tweeking.....don't like the ceiling tall cabinets, feeling of falling forward...sorry!
  • Jane Burkhart
    Jane Burkhart Huntersville, NC
    I like the older kitchen. I would have just painted the cabinets and chan

ged out the appliances to stainless steel with a gas cooktop. Love the

• Donna R
    Donna R Lumberton, TX
    I don't see how anyone could say anything but good stuff concerning the new kitchen. It is beautiful! So much lighter, cleaner and more organized than the old one. Better use of space. I love the tall cabinets. Such a waste of space to have them any
  • AK Complete Home Renovations
    The most important thing to note that we didn't see anyone mentioning is that the client wanted to mimic her grandmother's kitchen (which she loved) by eliminating as many upper cabinets as possible. This is not necessarily an easy feat for a kitchen
  • Becky H
    Becky H Tampa, FL
    I'm with you Donna! I really appreciate the open airy feel of the new kitchen, and can also see that it would be more functional than the old. Nice work!!
  • Donna R
    Donna R Lumberton, TX
    Yes, AK! This was the client's wishes. People seem to forget that when looking at pictures of renovations on HT.
  • Authentic Living Interiors
    Thank you, everyone for your comments. Though the old kitchen was OK for working in, the new one offers much more counter space, better traffic flow, and more efficient working. Also, the photos don't show that we removed a wall between the kitchen and
  • Shelley
    Shelley Kalkaska, MI
    I did not check out the whole kitchen and does come together with all.....glad for happy client, always a good thing.
  • Eileen M
    Eileen M Barker, NY
    This is a gorgeous remodel! I love tht the upper cabinets were removed to bring in more light for new windows. This kitchen has modern comforts and old world style. It's perfect!!I love the finishes and the brackets for the shelves and counter are
Authentic Living Interiors

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing