Hometalk.com

02.25.14

Best steam mop for tile floors? To clean and sanitize.

Opinions about best steam mop? Considering either Hahn or Eureka envirosteamer. both seem to have pros and cons. These two appear to steam at a higher temperature than others; ie: shark, etc. thanks for any input!
22 Comments Displaying 15 of 22 comments | See Previous
  • Sheila B Columbia, TN
    I love my new Shark. Best steam mop I have ever used. The new ones are so neat and easy to use.
  • Suzie S Chandler, AZ
    I have a shark steam mop. I also have a bissell floor mate that I also use.
  • Jean Petaluma, CA
    thanks to all of you who tried to help me! today I ordered the Haan Agile (SI 40). I ordered it from Costco where it was a little cheaper than Amazon and because it is very easy to return it if it does not work out. I have had several Sharks and I
  • Sherrie Nixa, MO
    I always use a Commerical steamer to clean my tile and grout before I seal my tile floors at least once a year. Other than that I mop them. I have to steam cleaners I take off the heads when my grout looks cruddy to keep,it clean in between the
  • Suzie S Chandler, AZ
    Sherrie- Do you own a Commercial steamer or do you rent one? I would love to rent one but have no idea where I could.
  • Jean Petaluma, CA
    Sherrie...I would also like to know what kind of commercial streamer you rent for your tile and grout floors. and...also..where do you get it??
  • Sherrie Nixa, MO
    I rent it from a rental supply house. General Rental. You probably have a place that rents equipment...chain saws, floor sanders. Place that men go to. : )
  • Suzie S Chandler, AZ
    Thanks Sherri- I'm going to have to check some rental supply places out in my area :)
  • MakerDon Waianae, HI
    I also like getting on my hands and knees to get it clean, although I don't have the time to do that all the time heh. Renting the commercial steamer is an option for a very deep clean, but for a daily use I like to use a basic steam mop. I heard the
  • Trisha Wolcott, CT
    Who has had a good experience with a steam mop that cleans grout?
  • Janet Smith College Station, TX
    I have a Haan and really love it. It heats the water to a higher temperature than many "steam mops" so it sanitizes. It cleans the tile without putting dirty water on the grout (which is what causes the grout to look so nasty)
    • Jean Petaluma, CA
      Janet Smith Janet, which model Haan do you have. I have the agile, but am not very impressed and have never known if it is defective or just not very "steamy"...gone back to using an older shark.
  • Debradoo Tallahassee, FL
    Does anyone know anything about the Bissell Power Fresh steam Mop?
  • Cynthia E Daleville, AL
    We purchased the Hoover Twin Tank Steam Mop

and we love it--it is safe for all flooring surfaces-- laminate, wood, tile, vinyl even has carpet glide pad for refreshing

• Deb Bystricky Endicott, NY
    Any suggestions on the "latest and greatest" steam cleaner for tile floors? Borrowed a Orek from a friend but left my month old tile floors looking worse then they were before I started cleaning them (streaky). Also had to refill several times and the
  • Like

Ginny