Hometalk.com

THE THRIFTING ADVENTURE THAT EARNED ME THE TITLE "QUEEN OF THRIFT" (self acclaimed) :)

Two years ago when were preparing to build our new home, I set out on a mission to find GOOD,cheap light fixtures. Since I live with my electrician, I knew that I could get them installed without a fee :) I'm still blown away at what I found! The photos say it all!.....well.....almost. We did have to do a little refurbishing & repairing. I think you will agree that this was a successful mission!
11 Comments Displaying 11 of 11 comments
  • Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Did you find all of these at thrift stores?
  • Pat aka Queen of Thrift Scottsboro, AL
    I did, Steve. Click on the photos to see what I paid for them. "Dirt Cheap"! I researched the Miranda Feiss (first two photos), and found one very similar to the 6 arm chandelier. The retail price on it was over $800.00.
  • Jamala W Whitmire, SC
    These are all beautiful... I need to go shop with you..
    Thanks, Jamala. That would be fun!
  • Becky H Tampa, FL
    Not only did you save money, but you've added character to each room that no one else will be able to duplicate.
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Wow Pat. Either you are very lucky or have the best thrift type stores in your area. I absolutely love the Miranda Feiss fixtures.
    Thanks Becky H and Becky. I love things for my home that have that certain character & I find great satisfaction in knowing that I can "design on a dime" and accomplish it with nice finds. We have some good thrift stores in Huntsville which is about 45
  • Denise aka Nise Doylestown, PA
    impressive and inspirational!
    Thanks Denise. If you are not a thrift store shopper this might inspire you to start, but....I must warn you.....it is very addictive!
  • Melissa K Blythewood, SC
    I LOVE refurbished! I found some light fixtures at Goodwill...Not this elaborate, but like bathroom fixtures that hang over a mirror. The are now hanging in my laundry room over the glass shelving over the washer and dryer. People always have great
    I love refurbished, too Melissa. There is an old saying, "A penny saved is a penny earned". Pennies are considered worthless now, but I disagree! I have a wine jug (a thrift store find) that I save pennies & dimes in. I call it my "tip" jar! Thanks
  • Likes

Mary W Esther Blair-Tull Debbie Cody Jeanette S Jamala W Jennifer Schmitz Maxine L. Ison Ann Schlick JUDY S - BEYOND THE BLUE SHUTTERS