THE THRIFTING ADVENTURE THAT EARNED ME THE TITLE "QUEEN OF THRIFT" (self acclaimed) :)

12.02.14
Two years ago when were preparing to build our new home, I set out on a mission to find GOOD,cheap light fixtures. Since I live with my electrician, I knew that I could get them installed without a fee :) I'm still blown away at what I found! The photos say it all!.....well.....almost. We did have to do a little refurbishing & repairing. I think you will agree that this was a successful mission!
  • We were in Huntsville, AL and stopped in at the Thrift Mart, & there it was...calling my name! It is a Miranda Feiss & is very large, 30"w.x 26" h. $85! Not a flaw except missing a couple of crystals. Perfect for my living room.
  • A week later, was in Thrift Mart & found this Miranda Feiss! $35! One arm had a clean break & a few crystals were missing. My husband sautered the arm, bought crystals & touched up the repair. Found good shades @ Habitat Re Store.
  • While @ Habitat Store found this old, dirty candleabra for my sitting room. $10! It was green & some arms bent, & had to be rewired. I repainted it and called in my electrician!
  • Another Habitat Store find! $20! It needed some minor repairs & had to be rewired. Am I not lucky that I live with my electrician? :) Looks great in the tub area of our Jack & Jill guest bathroom.
  • This, too, came from Habitat Store. $10. I cleaned it up & repainted it a metallic bronze. It is hanging in our master bath.
  • I found two of these at a local Goodwill store. $5 each. They were a brass color (cheap metal) but after I painted them with the metallic bronze, they looked nice. I might add that on all these vanity fixtures I replaced the globes.
  • I found most of the vanity globes at various thrift stores for $1 each. This one and the one in the previous photo are in the vanity area of our Jack & Jill bath.
  • This vanity light is in our half bath near the kitchen & master suite. It was also a brassy color and I used the rustic texture spray paint on it. It also came from the Thrift Mart in Huntsville. Paid $10 for it.
  • Pat aka Queen of Thrift
    Pat aka Queen of Thrift Scottsboro, AL
    I love refurbished, too Melissa. There is an old saying, "A penny saved is a penny earned". Pennies are considered worthless now, but I disagree! I have a wine jug (a thrift store find) that I save pennies & dimes in. I call it my "tip" jar! Thanks
  • Cheryl
    Cheryl Independence, KS
    I love all your finds!!!
  • Marsha Lamberth
    Marsha Lamberth Clarksville, TN
    You go girl! Such a lovely bunch of treasure to beautify your home. You have earned bragging rights on these. Just amazing!
    • Pat aka Queen of Thrift
      Pat aka Queen of Thrift Scottsboro, AL
      Marsha Lamberth thank you! When I think back on this series of shopping ventures it almost seems like a dream. I set out on a mission and to my total surprise....mission accomplished! I am still bragging about it to anyone that will listen!! :)
  • Gail RiChard Harden
    Beautiful and you are so fortunate to be married to an electrician!
  • Pat aka Queen of Thrift
    Pat aka Queen of Thrift Scottsboro, AL
    Thank you Gail! Yes, I am very fortunate and very blessed. He loves to what I call "tinker" with things. I can always count on him to help me refurbish my finds!
Pat aka Queen of Thrift

Search Feedback