THE THRIFTING ADVENTURE THAT EARNED ME THE TITLE "QUEEN OF THRIFT" (self acclaimed) :)

Two years ago when were preparing to build our new home, I set out on a mission to find GOOD,cheap light fixtures. Since I live with my electrician, I knew that I could get them installed without a fee :) I'm still blown away at what I found! The photos say it all!.....well.....almost. We did have to do a little refurbishing & repairing. I think you will agree that this was a successful mission!

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!
  • Kelly
    Kelly Blytheville, AR
    I'm with you. I've been blessed with a husband who can do anything (I mean anything). We have a couple of ceiling fans, but other than that every light fixture in our house have been junk finds. He cleans them up, rewires them, and installs them. It
  • Pat aka Queen of Thrift
    Pat aka Queen of Thrift Scottsboro, AL
    Thank you Gail! Yes, I am very fortunate and very blessed. He loves to what I call "tinker" with things. I can always count on him to help me refurbish my finds!
  • Gail RiChard Harden
    Beautiful and you are so fortunate to be married to an electrician!
  • Marsha Lamberth
    Marsha Lamberth Clarksville, TN
    You go girl! Such a lovely bunch of treasure to beautify your home. You have earned bragging rights on these. Just amazing!
    • Pat aka Queen of Thrift
      Pat aka Queen of Thrift Scottsboro, AL
      Marsha Lamberth thank you! When I think back on this series of shopping ventures it almost seems like a dream. I set out on a mission and to my total surprise....mission accomplished! I am still bragging about it to anyone that will listen!! :)
  • Cheryl
    Cheryl Independence, KS
    I love all your finds!!!
  • Pat aka Queen of Thrift
    Pat aka Queen of Thrift Scottsboro, AL
    I love refurbished, too Melissa. There is an old saying, "A penny saved is a penny earned". Pennies are considered worthless now, but I disagree! I have a wine jug (a thrift store find) that I save pennies & dimes in. I call it my "tip" jar! Thanks
Pat aka Queen of Thrift