I painted my ugly formica counters to look like faux granite!

Remodel Ideas 5 days ago

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
I recently removed wallpaper in my kitchen and painted the walls and really loved the new look. But I was stuck with these ugly hunter green formica countertops with wood trim! UGH. So I decided to try to paint them and they turned out SO great I was shocked. It totally transformed my kitchen for about $100. The tutorial is here...

• This was the countertops BEFORE.... yup hunter green formica with fancy wood trim. LOL
  • And here is the AFTER! I did a lot of research with regards to technique and such. And being a cancer survivor, I wanted to make sure all the products I used were non-toxic and safe. I was blown away by the results!
  • Valerie
    Valerie Wallingford, CT
    WOW!!! What an amazing transformation! I am excited to try something on my counters, so much more cost effective. There is nothing wrong with the counters except they do not project the look I want. Really great results, thank you for sharing.
  • Alita Knupp Kiss
    Alita Knupp Kiss Huntingdon, PA
    My daughter, husband and I redid my country blue Formica counter tops this summer. I have put up with them for 21 years. They would all be custom to replace. Everything else gets done as a necessity and this never was a priority UNTIL I saw what you did,
  • Patty B
    Patty B Kent, OH
    Wow love this and love the updates on ur web page too
  • Eleene Hoskins
    Eleene Hoskins Santa Anna, TX
    How do you get the marble effect?
  • Heartbeat
    It's beautiful
Tracy W

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post