I painted my ugly formica counters to look like faux granite!

Countertops 09.28.15
I recently removed wallpaper in my kitchen and painted the walls and really loved the new look. But I was stuck with these ugly hunter green formica countertops with wood trim! UGH. So I decided to try to paint them and they turned out SO great I was shocked. It totally transformed my kitchen for about $100. The tutorial is here...

• This was the countertops BEFORE.... yup hunter green formica with fancy wood trim. LOL
  • And here is the AFTER! I did a lot of research with regards to technique and such. And being a cancer survivor, I wanted to make sure all the products I used were non-toxic and safe. I was blown away by the results!
  • Lisa House
    Lisa House Vickery, OH
    Fabulous job! I have been researching faux marble options and you have helped me decide which way to accomplish! Hope mine turns out as nice as yours did. Love the window in the pass thru area, love the stone work also.
    • Lisa House
      Lisa House Vickery, OH
      Did not get to do it. We ended up doing a complete remodel, we put in hardwood stained Antique Walnut counters but my oldest daughter and I had to "fight" for them as my hubby does not have the ability to think outside the box.
  • Valerie
    Valerie Wallingford, CT
    WOW!!! What an amazing transformation! I am excited to try something on my counters, so much more cost effective. There is nothing wrong with the counters except they do not project the look I want. Really great results, thank you for sharing.
  • Alita Knupp Kiss
    Alita Knupp Kiss Huntingdon, PA
    My daughter, husband and I redid my country blue Formica counter tops this summer. I have put up with them for 21 years. They would all be custom to replace. Everything else gets done as a necessity and this never was a priority UNTIL I saw what you did,
  • Patty B
    Patty B Kent, OH
    Wow love this and love the updates on ur web page too
  • Eleene Hoskins
    Eleene Hoskins Santa Anna, TX
    How do you get the marble effect?
Tracy W

Search Feedback