Repairing Wooden Furniture With Bondo All Purpose Filler

repair remedies 8 hours ago
Jacque and I are always on the look out for furniture in need of a little TLC, so when we ran across this beautiful dresser/buffet, it was hard to pass up bringing it home. It had cracks, chips, and gouges...Just what we were looking for! We had used different wood fillers in repairing other pieces, but thanks to some advice from my father-in-law and the 3M AutoCare team, we learned that Bondo was an amazing alternative to ordinary wood fillers. It's got a quick cure time, it's strong, and it doesn't shrink while it cures. Take a look at our experience using Bondo All Purpose Filler to repair our Woodland Themed Dresser
  • Using Bondo to Repair Wooden Furniture
  • Step by step images for repairing gouged drawer fronts
  • The drawer fronts filled and painted.
  • Step by step images for mixing and applying Bondo All Purpose Filler
  • Our Craigslist find in need of some TLC
  • Surface Blemish on the dresser top

To see more: http://www.thediyvillage.com/2012/09/bondo-to-repair-furniture.html

• Lynette R
    Lynette R Maryville, TN
    Thanks bunches, I'm done done done with that project and happily enjoying our new kitchen, but hope to remember your tip for future project (of which I'm sure there'll be some)!
  • Lynne
    Lynne Detroit, MI
    thanks so much for info, i have seen it used on cars..this would work great on an old door i am trying to restore
  • Joan @ Nicer Than New
    Thanks for sharing. I have read about this . I will have to try it sometime.
  • Carol T
    Carol T Oswego, IL
    Does anyone have any ideas on how to stain an already wood filled repair? We filled the damaged area (our beautiful patio door) with wood filler but it won't stain. Have later found out that we should have put stain in the wood filler before filling (not
  • Becca
    Becca Greenville, GA
    We actually used bondo on our turned porch railings. We couldn't find matching ones for replacement so we used bondo on the damaged ones. You can't tell which ones have bondo.
Jacque & Matt @ theDIYvillage.com