DIY Flowers from plastic spoons

cool dec ideas 07.18.15
A friend is guest crafting on my blog today showing how she made this amazing flowers from plastic spoons! I think they look like giant magnolias-and would make amazing Christmas decorations-can you imagine some floating on the branches of your Christmas tree? Or adorning a wreath? The possibilities are endless!

To see more: http://www.thehappierhomemaker.com/2012/10/guest-crafter.html

• Susan S
    Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Ahhhhh Melissa - thank you!! You're just johnny on the spot aren't you? So, the middle is a dollop of hot glue then she spray painted . . . . .the whole flower I assume. No matter, I won't send you back for that detail. I think I can figure it out from
  • Melissa-TheHappierHomemaker
    Susan S And the answer is...............Spray Paint!
  • Susan S
    Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Melissa-TheHappierHomemaker - Oh My!! I'll bet you didn't expect to get worried half to death over silly spoon flowers did you? I'm sorry but you are soooooo
  • Melissa-TheHappierHomemaker
    I'll send her a message to ask her Susan S and post here when she answers
  • Susan S
    Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Melissa-TheHappierHomemaker - Hot glue? Like just a big dollop of hot glue? How'd she get it to be white then? OH - don't tell me there is now WHITE HOT GLUE that
  • Terri J
    Terri J Annapolis, MD
    Thank you, Melissa!
  • Melissa-TheHappierHomemaker
    Terri J , my guest crafter Marie said she made it with hot glue
  • Terri J
    Terri J Annapolis, MD
    Susan S and Melissa, did ya'all ever find out what was used in the middle? It looks like a little botton. I would like to try this and then add wire to the bottom for napkin holders.
  • Susan S
    Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Melissa-TheHappierHomemaker - I'll show you regardless of the outcome! If they're horrid we'll just chalk it up to "growing pains" - OK? Did you see her post of
  • Melissa-TheHappierHomemaker
    Susan S too funny! If it turns out horribly PLEASE send it to me anyways, I do a "craft fail" series too (I won't use your name if you don't want!!) Terrie Kaufman
  • Terrie Kaufman
    Terrie Kaufman Vancouver, WA
    I can't believe this insanity! I have 10 guests coming for a formal dinner party and what was I just doing in the kitchen? Making these spoons, or at least giving it a good try. I will perfect them tomorrow, now it's time to go get dressed. I must say,
  • Susan S
    Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Melissa-TheHappierHomemaker IF and only IF I get these "bloomin" things to look right! As I said, thank goodness I bought extras cause I'm pretty sure there's
  • Melissa-TheHappierHomemaker
    Susan S Please, please, please send me a pic when you make them-I'd love to post it on my Facebook page to share with other readers! I totally forgot to buy spoons at the store this morning. Guess I should try that whole "writing it down" thing!!
  • Susan S
    Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Terrie Kaufman - go up to her post and in blue you will see print that will take you to her blog w/all the instructions. Just click on it!!
  • Terrie Kaufman
    Terrie Kaufman Vancouver, WA
    Have I missed something.......like how they are made? <grin>
Melissa-TheHappierHomemaker