Hometalk.com

Crafts to Love 04.03.14

DIY Flowers from plastic spoons

A friend is guest crafting on my blog today showing how she made this amazing flowers from plastic spoons! I think they look like giant magnolias-and would make amazing Christmas decorations-can you imagine some floating on the branches of your Christmas tree? Or adorning a wreath? The possibilities are endless!

To see more: http://www.thehappierhomemaker.com/2012/10/guest-crafter.html

54 Comments Displaying 15 of 54 comments | See Previous
  • Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Terri J - Hey girl - I see exactly what you're doing!! Let everyone else make the screw ups then you can just breeze through yours!! Well, I'll tell you what NOT to do. Don't try to hold it
  • Terri J York, PA
    You are one sharp cookie Susan S! Just like I have an impish side, I also have a smart side. However, I wished us all success in our attempts (meaning that we get it fast w/out waisting to many spoons). Thank you for telling me not to do it w/ the gas
  • We need to organize a group get-together to melt plastic spoons! ;)
  • Terri J York, PA
    Melissa, you are the winner of tonight's "Make me laugh" comment. Tell me when and where and I will let you know if it works!!!
  • we might need to meet Susan S 's in the middle!
  • Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Melissa-TheHappierHomemaker & Terri J - Soooooooo - If we all met as a group to 'MELT SPOONS' will that then make
  • Terri J York, PA
    Lovin' and laughin' my way thru how this coversation is gong. This morning's first laugh of the day ward is to San S...:But officer..." It could be a possiblity, I ned to mapquest and se how far Fredricksbut is from me.
  • Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Melissa-TheHappierHomemaker & Terri J - I'm revisiting the subject of the melted plastic spoons magically turning
  • Sondra A Janesville, WI
    These look beautiful. I wonder if you could use an embossing gun to get the same or similar affect.
  • Terri J York, PA
    Susan S, I have two out of about 25 that actually turned out ok. I think the trick is in by doing it little by little - in other words, the two that turned out O.K., I started working wtht the lower part of one side, goy it loking ok , them moved my way
  • Terrie Kaufman Vancouver, WA
    Just wanted to say that I need more time to perfect these beauties, the first try was only OK, nothing to write home about. Thanks to everyone for your fun comments and Happy Holidays to you all. I will try these again after the holiday madness clams down.
  • Y'all I have had the plastic spoons sitting in my pantry for week now and I haven't had time to try them. {sigh} this one may wait until after the holidays for me! Sorry not to be more help ladies!
  • Sondra A Janesville, WI
    I just tried using an embossing gun and it melts the spoons pretty nicely also.
  • V Valencia Downey, CA
    I saw clear plastic cups (6 oz) that had been painted and then melted...they were so beautiful. They looked like shells or ornaments.....hanging outdoors in a patio..so, why not plastic spoons? so creative
  • Constance Canandaigua, NY
    I really need to try this. Also, I am looking for a use for all these cat food cans. Surely they can be used for something.