Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

DIY Canned Food Organizers

Kitchen 4 days ago
With a family of 7 to feed, my canned food stash was going a bit crazy. I designed and built wood organizers that rotate the oldest dates out first. I also built 2 different sizes. This one will hold up to 12 cans... Woohoo! The others will hold up to 7 and are stackable. This is the best thing to happen to my pantry in a long time! Plus... They cost under $5 a piece to build! You can see the full set of easy plans with lots of photos and tips at http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2012/10/pantry-...

#Bestof2012

To see more: http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2012/10/pantry-ideas-diy-canned-food-storage.html

90 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 20 of 90 comments | See Previous
  • Sondra A
    Sondra A Janesville, WI
    I also have family of 7 and would have loved this! Such organization. So neat. My kids are all grown now and my now ex, didn't believe in stocking up. But I love it.
  • Linda
    Linda Vancouver, WA
    This is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! While I don't buy "canned" anything, this would be amazingly helpful to use for my home canned things from the garden!!!! I'm gonna do this!!!! Thanks SOOO much for sharing this amazingly awesome idea!!!!!
    • Jeannie DeNio
      Linda I'd worry about the seals on home canned goods popping as the bottles are jarred when the front one is removed...
    • Martha Hinkle
      Martha Hinkle Tecumseh, OK
      Jeannie DeNio I agree! I only store anything I've canned standing up. I've even seen an add for an electric pressure cooker on TV that shows someone laying a large mason jar in
  • Mary H
    Very nice! Love that idea!
  • Beth Cole Byrne
    Beth Cole Byrne Pittsford, NY
    Brilliant!
  • Mary Alice M
    Mary Alice M San Antonio, TX
    This is just plain awesome!
  • Victoria K
    Victoria K Linwood, MI
    love this!!!!i want to make this!!!!
  • Atlas Coatings & Construction
    I love it! You realize that the US GOV says that if you have more than a weeks worth of food.. you should be considered a terrorist right?
  • Carolyn Faye Blizzard Lanier
    Love this idea.
  • Laura
    Laura Cherokee, IA
    awesome idea I have a pantry with old cupboards from my kitchen I would rather have this lol
  • Lesia Ansaldo
    What are the containers?
  • Susanne Northam
    Susanne Northam Lebanon, TN
    I'm looking for ideas for storing jarred canned goods from the garden. Does anyone have a suggestion?
  • Sean Satterfield Johnson
    What are the containers holding the cans. Homemade or can I buy them somewhere?
  • Tina Krenz
    Tina Krenz Oklahoma City, OK
    I like this, but it also seems like it takes up more space with the cans laying on the sides like that instead of standing upright. Are there anymore ideas?
  • Susan Weistling Croley Gardner
    I think it looks cool also, but I don't buy that much of any one thing. You must be a COSTCO shopper :)
    • Cdgreier
      Susan Weistling Croley Gardner Some canned goods are so multipurpose that I buy them only by the case: eg, tomato soup can extend pasta sauce, beef or vegetable soups, chili & stew. Saves me from alot of impulse grocery shopping, too!
  • Cdgreier
    This is far better than most organizing posts, IMHO, because you didn't just reduce the number of items in your pantry to make it prettier, you actually made way for MORE stuff attractively!
Shanty2Chic

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing