DIY Canned Food Organizers

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
With a family of 7 to feed, my canned food stash was going a bit crazy. I designed and built wood organizers that rotate the oldest dates out first. I also built 2 different sizes. This one will hold up to 12 cans... Woohoo! The others will hold up to 7 and are stackable. This is the best thing to happen to my pantry in a long time! Plus... They cost under $5 a piece to build! You can see the full set of easy plans with lots of photos and tips at

To see more:

• Priscilla M
    Priscilla M Babson Park, FL
    Would you know Who sells the dividers? Tia
  • Renee' Pollard Hass
    The feed is lost, can you tell me where to find the units or the directions you used to make them? Thank you!
  • Manmaylin
    Its great idea special for tin food it and going to doing it too
  • Pauline
    Pauline Pocatello, ID
    I use two of the beverage can dispensers for my canned storage. Since the cans roll into place when I use one, I'm always using the oldest can first. Mine also have a shelf on top so any extras I might pick up can sit there until there's room in the
  • Sparkles
    Sparkles Tulsa, OK
    shelf reliance makes rotating food shelves.

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post