DIY Canned Food Organizers

Organizing Cabinets 23 hours ago
With a family of 7 to feed, my canned food stash was going a bit crazy. I designed and built wood organizers that rotate the oldest dates out first. I also built 2 different sizes. This one will hold up to 12 cans... Woohoo! The others will hold up to 7 and are stackable. This is the best thing to happen to my pantry in a long time! Plus... They cost under $5 a piece to build! You can see the full set of easy plans with lots of photos and tips at http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2012/10/pantry-...

#Bestof2012

To see more: http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2012/10/pantry-ideas-diy-canned-food-storage.html

• Beth Cole Byrne
    Beth Cole Byrne Pittsford, NY
    Brilliant!
  • Mary Alice M
    Mary Alice M San Antonio, TX
    This is just plain awesome!
  • Victoria K
    Victoria K Linwood, MI
    love this!!!!i want to make this!!!!
  • Atlas Coatings & Construction
    I love it! You realize that the US GOV says that if you have more than a weeks worth of food.. you should be considered a terrorist right?
    • Bonnie
      Bonnie Lebanon, MO
      I guess we're all terrorists, then...even our grocery stores could fall under this. When we all stop listening to what this foolish governement tosses out to the media, we'll all be in much better shape.
  • Carolyn Faye Blizzard Lanier
    Love this idea.
  • Laura
    Laura Cherokee, IA
    awesome idea I have a pantry with old cupboards from my kitchen I would rather have this lol
  • Lesia Ansaldo
    What are the containers?
  • Susanne Northam
    Susanne Northam Lebanon, TN
    I'm looking for ideas for storing jarred canned goods from the garden. Does anyone have a suggestion?
    • Bonnie
      Bonnie Lebanon, MO
      Susanne Northam Shorter spaced shelving works for me, I've made shelves with spaces just 2 inches taller than my mason jars and made them all the way to the ceiling. It's
    • Marji
      Marji Nampa, ID
      Susanne Northam build shelves the sizes of you canning jars along a wall, as many as you and want. shelve with a thin board coming across (so the jars don't fall off) or build them on your pantry door.
  • Sean Satterfield Johnson
    What are the containers holding the cans. Homemade or can I buy them somewhere?
  • Tina Krenz
    Tina Krenz Oklahoma City, OK
    I like this, but it also seems like it takes up more space with the cans laying on the sides like that instead of standing upright. Are there anymore ideas?
    • TinaHB
      TinaHB Huntington Beach, CA
      Tina Krenz If you try and stack the cans upright in the same amount of space, you may be able to fit the same number of cans, BUT some cans do Not "sit " on top of each other
  • Susan Weistling Croley Gardner
    I think it looks cool also, but I don't buy that much of any one thing. You must be a COSTCO shopper :)
    • Cdgreier
      Susan Weistling Croley Gardner Some canned goods are so multipurpose that I buy them only by the case: eg, tomato soup can extend pasta sauce, beef or vegetable soups, chili & stew. Saves me from alot of impulse grocery shopping, too!
    • Bonnie
      Bonnie Lebanon, MO
      Cdgreier We stock up extra on the tomato goods, too; soup, sauce, diced, stewed....greenbeans too! Anything that makes a good base for soups or stews gets extra storage space. We live
  • Cdgreier
    This is far better than most organizing posts, IMHO, because you didn't just reduce the number of items in your pantry to make it prettier, you actually made way for MORE stuff attractively!
  • Tangiela Helem Mason
    Tangiela Helem Mason Fayetteville, GA
    Amazing and pretty.
  • Nana
    Nana Lakeside, AZ
    Love the idea
  • Priscilla M
    Priscilla M Babson Park, FL
    Would you know Who sells the dividers? Tia
Shanty2Chic