Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 5 days ago

Washing Windows Like The Pros

I cannot take credit for this discovery; however I can tell you that it works! In my opinion this is the best way for washing windows. A cleaning company shared this tip with me four years ago, I was using glass cleaner, vinegar and newspapers. Nothing I did completely cleaned the window. This is the only thing I use now.

Items Needed for Washing Windows

(All items except the Dawn were purchased at Dollar Tree)

Dawn Dish Detergent

Small Bowl or Bucket

Scrubby Pads

Absorbent Cloths

Squeegee

223 Comments Displaying 15 of 223 comments | See Previous
  • Linda Hayes-Trent Andalusia, AL
    Dawn is good for so many things. I didn't see a step for rinsing the window...
  • Helen Tacoma, WA
    I use Eye Glass Cleaner on my mirrors and wipe with soft cotton towel, no streaks.
  • vinegar and newspapers, work great
  • Julie J Massillon, OH
    White coffee filters and vinegar/water works everytime. No ink marks from the newspaper.
  • Sherrie Nixa, MO
    On new Pella Windows and some others you can only use vinegar and water. Any thing else will leave a build up. Any other windows I use a drop of dish soap and a really good squeegee they carry them at Lowe's for about $8.00. Fast work I drape a towel
  • When I had my studio I had huge store front windows and tried everything to get rid of the streaks left from windex. One day a customer told me about this recipe so I just mixed a few squirts of dawn dish soap in a bucket with warm water, wiped the soapy
  • Linda Hayes-Trent Andalusia, AL
    Thank you. My windows need cleaning and I'm going to use this solution.
  • Nancy Bolton Burlington, NC
    I just tried this on a very dirty window and it looked great.I used very warm water,maybe a bit too much dawn.How much do you use?
  • John Mission Viejo, CA
    I just did my windows, some outside upstairs windows have not been done for over 2 1/2 years. the downstairs windows were just put in two months ago and were kept clean. I have a wood French door also that is over twenty five years old and has been