Washing Windows Like The Pros

cleaning 16 hours ago
I cannot take credit for this discovery; however I can tell you that it works! In my opinion this is the best way for washing windows. A cleaning company shared this tip with me four years ago, I was using glass cleaner, vinegar and newspapers. Nothing I did completely cleaned the window. This is the only thing I use now.

Items Needed for Washing Windows

(All items except the Dawn were purchased at Dollar Tree)

Dawn Dish Detergent

Small Bowl or Bucket

Scrubby Pads

Absorbent Cloths

Squeegee

on This Post

• John
    John Mission Viejo, CA
    This works super wonders. I read this technique a couple of years ago, and have used it ever since. Works great inside on bathroom mirrors and even counter tops. If you need to clean it, use it. For outside windows, I suggest to first use a wide painting
  • John
    John Mission Viejo, CA
    I just received an e-mail today from vicki V asking the ratio of Dawn, vinegar to the water. Here is my unscientific amount I mix. Actually I don't measure, just add blobs I think are enough. Lighter on the vinegar: The amount? 2 1/2 gallon bucket to 1/4
  • Julie
    Julie Aurora, CO
    What is this washing windows? Just rent and move yearly#
  • Melissa Beiring Hill
    I do this on my bathroom mirrors all the time and I am AMAZED by how clean they get with NO smutz or smears!! Had all brand new windows installed last spring and they are already filthy (dogs insist on leaving their tongue marks everywhere!)...so now I
    • John
      John Mission Viejo, CA
      Melissa Beiring Hill It really works wonders on new glass. Make sure they are dusted off first from dust and dirt so the glass does not get scratched. I did our door to
  • Denise Rosser
    Denise Rosser Sun Valley, CA
    Where can I get a good, inexpensive, squeegee ?
    • John
      John Mission Viejo, CA
      Denise Rosser What is the old adage? You get what you pay for. Try any hardware store. They will have the best selection. Make sure the blade is soft and the advertisement
Chaotically Creative Co.