Hometalk.com

Beautiful Murals 03.04.14

Clothespin Chandelier #Bestof2012

Another fun addition to the laundry room remodel. We used a tomato cage and a stove top drip pan to create our very fun clothespin chandelier! Visit our blog for step by step instructions on how we made it!
Time: 1 Hour Cost: $24.00 Difficulty: Moderate

To see more: http://ourcloverhouse.blogspot.com/2012/10/3-tiered-clothespin-chandelier.html

43 Comments Displaying 15 of 43 comments | See Previous
  • Sheryll S Jacksonville, FL
    Heck with my awful laundry room (outside, but under the same roof). I think this would be cute for my little dining room. I was wondering if I could glitz it up with some paint, such as Martha Stewarts "Precious Metals" or if anyone knows of some
  • Hmmm, Sheryll S? I'm not sure but MS paints are very nice! I would like to make a shell one as well, but I just haven't investigated it as of yet! Good luck with your chandy! :)
  • Sheryll S Jacksonville, FL
    I forget which blog I read about the copy kat shell one, but she said she went through two or more circle punches... so that does not sound economical enough for poor ol me. ha ha.
  • Oh dear, that's not good. I'll check it out and see if I come across it. Thanks!
  • Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    I tried to spray paint my clothes pins but didn't sand them first. They must have a sealer on them or made of an oily wood because the paint wouldn't stick. I'll have plan E finished and pictured by the weekend, sooner if my camera parts come in. One
  • Good luck Kelly S, I hate that you're having so much trouble with your chandy! Hang in there!
  • Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    here is a picture of it partially completed and waiting for paint to dry.
  • Oh WOW Kelly S! Its looking great so far...very nice!
  • Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    here is revision E. I will go with a shorter rod and remove a link or 2 of the chain when I take it back down to redo the room sometime this summer.
  • Toni Pardoe Ellsworth Spanish Fork, UT
    This is so perfect for a patio. Thanks for sharing it.
  • Oh Kelly S, it looks great! You've done an awesome job! Thanks for sharing it with me girl! Toni Pardoe Ellsworth, you're very welcome! Have fun! :)
  • Larose LoganOakes Annandale, VA
    Hello DeeDee! I just had to tell you that my husband and I were at AC Moore today and we saw these clothes pins that were about 1.5" wide by 4" long. I immediately thought of your lovely chandelier. These pins were a dollar each but you wouldn't need as
  • Larose D. Logan-Oakes, aww, you thought of me! Yes, you definitely wouldn't need as many of those jumbo pins and I bet it would look cool too! Thanks for being so sweet, you brightened my day!
  • Sheryll S Jacksonville, FL
    Kelly S, that is a wow and good job... you worked hard to get it done. I am a coward now.... lol, but lot's to do in the meantime before I try this one. Congratulations on a job followed through and well done... and of course to our great inspiration
  • Thanks Sheryll S!