UPdate an Old Laminate Countertop!

Countertops 02.12.15
I recently renovated a 1979 fixer-upper and instead of gutting my bathrooms, I

updated them. This one was updated with Rustoleum's Countertop

Transformations kit in Onyx and it really looks so much better.

Hopefully, it will last me a few years and then later on I'll go for all

new.

To see more: http://southernhospitalityblog.com/rustoleum-countertop-transformation-kit/

• Reta Lane
    It looks great. I may try that instead of replacing my vanities.
  • Theresa C
    Theresa C Johnstown, NY
    I've found the Giani line of countertop paints do an equally impressive job for a lot less money
  • Linda Hartford
    I also purchased the same material but have not had the courage to try it--you have inspired me! Fabulous job!
  • Mary Louise
    Mary Louise Waddy, KY
    Like this very much!!
  • Cheryl @ Artzzle
    Cheryl @ Artzzle Princeton, MN
    Rhoda, how has the countertop held up with use and wear? I love the Rustoleum cabinet kit but haven't tried the countertops yet. Thanks.
  • Rhoda V
    Rhoda V Kennesaw, GA
    Hi, Cheryl, the countertop is holding up very well. I don't think there are any chips on there at all & I'm still very happy with it.
  • JoAnna Adams
    JoAnna Adams Millville, NJ
    So glad I saw this. Looks like a good solution for my kitchen instead of completely replacing all my counters.
  • Lisa Given Hobbs
    how would it work on marble??
  • Rhoda V
    Rhoda V Kennesaw, GA
    Lisa Given Hobbs Real marble? I don't think I would try it over that. Not sure it would work well.
  • Lisa Given Hobbs
    yes..real marble. thanks!
  • Cheryl @ Artzzle
    Cheryl @ Artzzle Princeton, MN
    Hi Rhoda. We communicated after one of my posts re: the Rustoleum CABINET Kit. I loved that and it has held up with heavy wear. I wondered how you feel the tops have held up over time. I was concerned with moisture and water rings, especially in a
  • Shirl Cr
    hi there the kit is expensive I found new countertops at a second hand re store for a fraction of the cost and was lucky it was the right size and shape
  • Charlene Hairston
    Love the look of your counter tops. You did a very good job.
  • Devon Cretella
    Devon Cretella Girard, OH
    I did this kit in the same color in my kitchen about 1 1/2 years ago. It is starting to chip, just from little things like a plastic cup tumbling out of the cupboard. Our goal was to get about two more years out of our counters until we could afford to
  • TMulhern
    TMulhern Los Angeles, CA
    Great transformation. The countertop is looking very nice. Great job.
Rhoda V