Hometalk.com

Backyard Escapes 04.01.14

UPdate an Old Laminate Countertop!

I recently renovated a 1979 fixer-upper and instead of gutting my bathrooms, I

updated them. This one was updated with Rustoleum's Countertop

Transformations kit in Onyx and it really looks so much better.

Hopefully, it will last me a few years and then later on I'll go for all

new.

To see more: http://southernhospitalityblog.com/rustoleum-countertop-transformation-kit/

18 Comments Displaying 15 of 18 comments | See Previous
  • Acorn Landscaping Rochester, NY
    Good job Rhoda, it really does look much better! Looks easier than replacing the entire countertop too.
  • Did you use a topcoat or sealant? Or should I say did you have to purchase one in addition to the kit?
  • Rhoda V Kennesaw, GA
    Hi, Lisa, sorry just saw this question, but no, you don't have to do anything else except use what comes in the kit. It's all sealed when completely dry.
  • It looks great. I may try that instead of replacing my vanities.
  • Theresa C Johnstown, NY
    I've found the Giani line of countertop paints do an equally impressive job for a lot less money
  • I also purchased the same material but have not had the courage to try it--you have inspired me! Fabulous job!
  • Mary Louise Waddy, KY
    Like this very much!!
  • Cheryl @ Artzzle.com Princeton, MN
    Rhoda, how has the countertop held up with use and wear? I love the Rustoleum cabinet kit but haven't tried the countertops yet. Thanks.
  • Rhoda V Kennesaw, GA
    Hi, Cheryl, the countertop is holding up very well. I don't think there are any chips on there at all & I'm still very happy with it.
  • JoAnna Adams Millville, NJ
    So glad I saw this. Looks like a good solution for my kitchen instead of completely replacing all my counters.
  • how would it work on marble??
  • Rhoda V Kennesaw, GA
    Lisa Given Hobbs Real marble? I don't think I would try it over that. Not sure it would work well.
  • yes..real marble. thanks!
  • Cheryl @ Artzzle.com Princeton, MN
    Hi Rhoda. We communicated after one of my posts re: the Rustoleum CABINET Kit. I loved that and it has held up with heavy wear. I wondered how you feel the tops have held up over time. I was concerned with moisture and water rings, especially in a
  • hi there the kit is expensive I found new countertops at a second hand re store for a fraction of the cost and was lucky it was the right size and shape