Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
Kitchen Ideas 08.21.14

Kitchen Counters on a DEEP budget

It's so difficult to find a good price on kitchen counters. When I remodeled my kitchen I just didn't have thousands of dollars to spend on my counters. So I had to get creative. How could I have an expensive look on a penny budget? I made my island counter for just $36 and the rest of the counters for only $25!
Time: 2 Days Cost: $50 Difficulty: Moderate

To see more: http://thepenningtonpoint.com/2010/04/my-kitchen/

73 Comments Displaying 15 of 73 comments | See Previous
  • Kim
    Kim Republic, MI
    I have that kitchen sink! Don't you just love it?!
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Diane Navarro Tippetts
    I bought stainless steel tables from the bingo center and had them cut to size, the front is already bull nosed so they slid right in and glued them down with mastic. Stainless kitchen $220
  • Mary C
    Mary C Reddick, FL
    great job....love it....you kept the plywood hidden, then set those big ole slabs of real wood on top, gave it a great paint job, and it looks awesome....looks like something off of a showcase floor....yes, it does show how creative we can become when we
  • JUDY S - BEYOND THE BLUE SHUTTERS
    Your new kitchen looks great. I would like more information on how your husband made the wooden countertop. How about some more closeups of the wooden countertop?
  • Lisa@ Sweet Tea N' Salty Air
    Very nice!
  • Sharril Swindle
    Sharril Swindle Reamstown, PA
    yes , would love to hear more on the details of doing it and more pics, my daughter wants to redo their kitchen and just cant afford it ,(new baby on the way) this would really help!! thank you so much for sharing!!!!
  • Paige Walker
    Paige Walker Alvin, TX
    Hi, nice post. Thanks for the information.Granite is durable and stylish but the price is the issue. For anyone who have the budget Granite Kitchen countertops will outfit your Kitchen designs. Thanks visit http://www.mainlandstoneworks.com/
  • Dee
    Dee New Castle, PA
    We just replaced our counter and cabinets, and found butcher block at Ikea. Of course, the price was higher than your $71 investment, but still an excellent price-$99 for 72", and $195 for the peninsula piece (72" x 39"), with enough left over to make
    • Nana Katie
      Nana Katie Sandy Ridge, PA
      Dee I would love to have butcher block countertops! Could you post yours online for us to see? ....and directions are always nice!
  • L.E. & Company
    L.E. & Company Creal Springs, IL
    ..... Did I miss the How to exact steps, wood, paint technique, top coat etc?.... Thanks for your reply..... (:
  • Lori Jackson
    Lori Jackson Broken Bow, NE
    We are preparing to create a new kitchen (moving in completely). The budget is tight and it will be pay as you go. So far I purchased paned glass cabinet doors in a lot of 17 (eight where glass)--solid oak--and all for $50. We will design the kitchen to
  • Sherrie
    Sherrie Nixa, MO
    I love this! I wonder why they told you you couldn't do it that way? Because that's how you do flooring. Maybe it's because they just didn't think of it first!
    • Nana Katie
      Nana Katie Sandy Ridge, PA
      Sherrie Men at the hardware always tell me I can't....shows you how much they really don't know.
  • Dawn Becker
    Dawn Becker Gautier, MS
    I love it when they tell you it can't be done, we do it anyway and they end up being completely wrong....which is most of the time.
Lisa Pennington

Join the home and garden knowledge hub. It's free & easy and only takes a second!