Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

90 year old door made into a headboard to fit both a king size and queen size bed frame.

The Decorator we worked with asked us to make the headboard to fit both a king size and a queen size bed, After cleaning and sealing the front of the door we painted the other trim details using a color still visible from one of the original paints on the door.

#Bestof2012

#doorheadboard#vintage#headboard

#Repurposing#Upcycling

143 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 17 of 143 comments | See Previous
  • Suzanne Gautreaux
    Suzanne Gautreaux Lockport, LA
    How did you attach the 4x4 posts to the door? would love to copy it, but am perplexed how to add the 4x4 posts. Help, please??
  • Vintage Headboards
    Good morning Suzanne - we have step by step plans we sell on our website. It will be extremely helpful for you and save you a bunch of time. www.vintageheadboards.storenvy.com
  • Janice
    Janice Houston, TX
    I wish I had a pic, but mine is wrapped up in storage. I bought an antique fireplace mantle, stained a piece of bead board to attach to the open area and it fit a twin size frame perfectly. I was careful not to damage the mantle in case I ever wanted to
  • Suzanne Gautreaux
    Suzanne Gautreaux Lockport, LA
    Thanks so much for the info.... will purchase the instructions..
  • Michele A
    Michele A Eugene, OR
    It turned out so amazing! I love that you sealed it first. I often wonder if everyone does. Love a great chippy patina, but I don't want it all over my bedding. ;) Thanks for sharing your amazing work!
  • Vintage Headboards
    I'd love to see the finished product!
  • Linda J
    Linda J Clearwater, FL
    I just found you. That headboard is amazing! However, since I am old enough to be your Mom, I think you are absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing your picture. It is always nice to see you in the flesh.
  • Pamelasb1960
    Great idea love the pic, and the builders not to shabby himself..lol
  • Camille Carlin
    Camille Carlin Nashville, TN
    Love the headboard - especially that it is made for Queen or King use.
  • Vintage Headboards
    Thank you Ladies!
  • Jlnercer22
    I have an old door for my head board that I made 22 years ago
  • Jlnercer22
    The pictures are by Kim Anderson... As pretty as a pictures. Has original glass knob
  • Vintage Headboards
    Thank you for sharing Jlnercer22
  • Loretta.shannon.90
    What is the paint color on your wall?? I'm dying for this color in my master bedroom! So beautiful:)
  • Vintage Headboards
    @loretta.shannon.90 I don't recall. I believe it was Dover White.
Vintage Headboards

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing