90 year old door made into a headboard to fit both a king size and queen size bed frame.

45 minutes ago
The Decorator we worked with asked us to make the headboard to fit both a king size and a queen size bed, After cleaning and sealing the front of the door we painted the other trim details using a color still visible from one of the original paints on the door.

#Bestof2012

#doorheadboard#vintage#headboard

#Repurposing#Upcycling

• Linda
    Linda Kokomo, IN
    I love this and you are a very sexy man
  • Vintage Headboards
    Linda I am at a loss for words...lol
  • Mary
    mary Canada
    This is outstanding!! Good job! I am into upcycling stuff for the home. Particularly my home. I am going to make that headboard for my room. Did you just lean the whole thing against the wall? Is the bed attached to it somehow?
    • Vintage Headboards
      mary we provide hardware to attach them quickly to our legs. We also make wall mount applications too. Either way we do not suggest that you just lean them against the wall for
  • Carla Lombardo Ehrlich
    Carla Lombardo Ehrlich Pittsburgh, PA
    Very handsome...you aren't too bad yourself...Lol.
  • Vintage Headboards
    @travelingpants1 The headboard attaches to the metal bed frame with hardware we provide as well can also be attached to the wall if you are going to use the shelf on top for additional decor so that when you hop into bed the headboard doesn't move.
  • Lance irwin
    Lance irwin Sherman Oaks, CA
    Awesome work! Very creative!
  • MaryAnn
    MaryAnn Lewisville, TX
    Awesome headboard' I love it.
  • Enn P
    Enn P Salem, OR
    Very nice! I like it!

And, oh, yeah, the headboard is nice, too! ;)

• Jo Anne Croff
    Jo Anne Croff Colorado Springs, CO
    Love this idea. And feel free to add a pic of you covered in sawdust. Just sayin'...
  • Gina Todd Beldon
    I would like to purchase this headboard in king size? Do you have more for sale? If so what is price? Thank you! Exactly what I've been looking for!
  • Linda J
    Linda J Clearwater, FL
    Love this headboard! I have to chime in with others. You are sure some kind of good looking! Are you nice and kind too? I have a daughter..........................!!(lol)
  • Vintage Headboards
    Linda J I don't know what to say
  • Linda J
    Linda J Clearwater, FL
    @Don't worry, a comment isn't necessary! You know, the autonomy of the internet makes us a little more brave than we would be in person! It was all meant in good fun, no offense. After all, you are not hurting in the looks department. lol I love the
  • Vintage Headboards
    Linda J I appreciate the compliments on my stuff and on me (blushing). No offense taken at all.
Vintage Headboards