90 year old door made into a headboard to fit both a king size and queen size bed frame.

6 hours ago
The Decorator we worked with asked us to make the headboard to fit both a king size and a queen size bed, After cleaning and sealing the front of the door we painted the other trim details using a color still visible from one of the original paints on the door.
  • This headboard's new home. The Decorator did a wonderful job with this color palette. It looks so comfy!
  • Designed to fit both a king size and a queen size bed.
  • We color-matched one of the remaining colors on the from then painted the added trim, legs and shelf. Both the Customer and our Team were very happy with the results.
  • Ready for Customer pickup.
  • This is one of the few pics of me when I'm not covered in sawdust.
  • Sarah Lihs
    Sarah Lihs Sioux Falls, SD
    What Color is your wall?
  • Susan
    Susan Sun Prairie, WI
    Beautiful, what wonderful piece.
  • Suehoo73
    How do you keep the "door" from falling forward? Mine would be placed in front of a very wide window. Also, how is the "door" attached to the legs? Could you use smaller legs? 2 X 4 instead of 4 X 4?
    • Vintage Headboards
      Suehoo73 Good evening Sue - we design our headboards to attach to the bed frame as well to the wall so this is never an issue.
  • Liz
    liz Lowell, IN
    I love this idea also. I do have a question. How do you keep things from falling off the shelf if you are a restless sleeper?
  • Michelle
    Michelle Bountiful, UT
    How does it attach to the wall?
    • Vintage Headboards
      Michelle Good afternoon Michelle - we make wall mount versions of our headboards so the actual headboard hangs on the wall. We also make the traditional style of headboard with
Vintage Headboards

Search Feedback