90 year old door made into a headboard to fit both a king size and queen size bed frame.

Bedroom Ideas 2 days ago
The Decorator we worked with asked us to make the headboard to fit both a king size and a queen size bed, After cleaning and sealing the front of the door we painted the other trim details using a color still visible from one of the original paints on the door.

#Bestof2012

#doorheadboard#vintage#headboard

#Repurposing#Upcycling

• Lance irwin
    Lance irwin Sherman Oaks, CA
    Awesome work! Very creative!
  • MaryAnn
    MaryAnn Lewisville, TX
    Awesome headboard' I love it.
  • Enn P
    Enn P Salem, OR
    Very nice! I like it!

And, oh, yeah, the headboard is nice, too! ;)

• Jo Anne Croff
    Jo Anne Croff Colorado Springs, CO
    Love this idea. And feel free to add a pic of you covered in sawdust. Just sayin'...
  • Gina Todd Beldon
    I would like to purchase this headboard in king size? Do you have more for sale? If so what is price? Thank you! Exactly what I've been looking for!
  • Linda J
    Linda J Clearwater, FL
    Love this headboard! I have to chime in with others. You are sure some kind of good looking! Are you nice and kind too? I have a daughter..........................!!(lol)
  • Vintage Headboards
    Linda J I don't know what to say
  • Linda J
    Linda J Clearwater, FL
    @Don't worry, a comment isn't necessary! You know, the autonomy of the internet makes us a little more brave than we would be in person! It was all meant in good fun, no offense. After all, you are not hurting in the looks department. lol I love the
  • Vintage Headboards
    Linda J I appreciate the compliments on my stuff and on me (blushing). No offense taken at all.
  • Daisy
    daisy Hudsonville, MI
    What is the paint color behind the headboard? I love it!
    • Vintage Headboards
      Daisy This room was staged by a Decorator who was working for our Customer. I don't know the name of the color they chose. I like the color too.
  • Tammie
    Tammie Covington, GA
    What color are the walls? Love this color palette. Great idea for a headboard!
  • Renee
    Renee Batavia, IL
    Gorgeous
  • ROSESI6365
    I wish I could make this, but I know not going to happen how can someone help me accomplish this unbelievable mission ? :?
  • Gail Jones Zourdos
    Gail Jones Zourdos Caledonia, MI
    Love this! I've waited 10 years to find just the right headboard and this is it! Thank you for sharing. I have an old door and am ready to go with it, but I discovered it is painted with lead paint. I see you sealed your 90 year old door. I'm
Vintage Headboards