No More Dryer Sheets!

Cleaning Ideas 01.08.16
  • Lisa Davis
    Lisa Davis Guthrie, OK
    you can also use balls of tin foil in your dryer. I use two or three at a time and they work. They get rid of static electricity as well.
  • Carol Jordan
    Carol Jordan Freeland, MD
    I agree w/Dannie, tennis balls work well.
  • Colleen
    Colleen Fargo, ND
    Great Idea of making your own dryer balls. I've been using the purchased ball for 3 years with a little problem with static cling. In the past I did try tennis balls but they didn't cut my drying time down as much as the purchased balls. Like many , I
  • Dannie
    Dannie Waco, TX
    My mom used tennis balls and they worked great!
  • Abi Zimmerman
    Abi Zimmerman Crete, IL
    I've been using my dryer balls for about 8 months now and haven't had any problems with the colors bleeding. Mine are black, grey, and white. Also, I use at least 5 per load otherwise I don't feel like it helps things dry faster. Here's a link if anyone
  • Better Outdoor Living at Home
    Thank you for sharing this tip...will definitely have to try it! ~M
  • Pam Shipman
    Pam Shipman Machesney Park, IL
    Thank you Patty for the safety pin idea. I'm going to try that.
  • Joyce Ferris
    Joyce Ferris Carbondale, KS
    Another option is to take a wash cloth (LABEL IT) soak it overnight in liquid laundry detergent(which is also awesome at wall paper removal) good for 40 uses. works better than dryer sheets do.
  • Patty @ Always Something
    A follow up to the static question: http://www.alwayssomethinghome.com/2013/02/ho...
  • Penster47
    Penster47 Verona, MO
    There is another post on here, about making your own softener. Use 1 cup white vinegar, 1 cup of your favorite hair conditioner, and 3 cups hot water. Mix well and spray some on a cloth, coffee filters, etc and add to dryer. You could also use 1/3 cup
  • Pam Shipman
    Pam Shipman Machesney Park, IL
    Thank you so much! I am for sure going to do this . I make my own detergent so now I can save on the softener too .
  • Patty @ Always Something
    I tried it and it didn't work for me.
  • Penster47
    Penster47 Verona, MO
    Someone posted on another board, that putting balls made of aluminum foil in your dryer stopped static? does anyone know if this really works?
    • Lydia Hughes
      Penster47 It works! You have to let the foil ball cool between loads so I keep a couple nearby. I have heard though that they might be hard on the finish of newer dryers (fortunately mine are nowhere near new).
Patty @ Always Something