No More Dryer Sheets!

How To's 03.23.15
Why waste money on dryer sheets when you can easily and inexpensively make your own dryer balls?

To see more: http://alwayssomethinghome.blogspot.com/2012/10/no-more-expensive-dryer-sheets.html

• Patty @ Always Something
    A follow up to the static question: http://www.alwayssomethinghome.com/2013/02/ho...
  • Penster47
    Penster47 Verona, MO
    There is another post on here, about making your own softener. Use 1 cup white vinegar, 1 cup of your favorite hair conditioner, and 3 cups hot water. Mix well and spray some on a cloth, coffee filters, etc and add to dryer. You could also use 1/3 cup
  • Pam Shipman
    Pam Shipman Machesney Park, IL
    Thank you so much! I am for sure going to do this . I make my own detergent so now I can save on the softener too .
  • Patty @ Always Something
    I tried it and it didn't work for me.
  • Penster47
    Penster47 Verona, MO
    Someone posted on another board, that putting balls made of aluminum foil in your dryer stopped static? does anyone know if this really works?
    • Lydia Hughes
      Penster47 It works! You have to let the foil ball cool between loads so I keep a couple nearby. I have heard though that they might be hard on the finish of newer dryers (fortunately mine are nowhere near new).
  • Patty @ Always Something
    Hey Candace. Thanks for asking this question. I have found that the dryer balls do an excellent job of softening, fluffing, and shortening drying time, but they don't seem to do that much against static. What does work great, however, is 1/4 cup of
  • Candace Seaton
    Candace Seaton Huntsville, AL
    I am missing something...how do they remove static electricity? If I don't use dryer sheets my laundry goes snap crackle pop and makes my hair stand on end!
  • Mary Every
    Thank You Patty
  • Patty @ Always Something
    Mary, if you clink the link to my blog, I walk you through it.
  • Mary Every
    How do you make these balls ?
  • Dotty S
    Dotty S Plummer, ID
    Super I have the blue balls and they are shedding there little bumps, so thanks I am going to try this next time in town to p/u yarn.
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    Thanks Patty M.
  • Patty @ Always Something
    I think they are pretty, too! Just two will work in a regular load of laundry, but if I am doing a large load of towels or a comforter I will use all 4 to help speed things a bit.
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    Good question Terri H.
  • Terri H
    Terri H Avilla, IN
    I love this idea and I think they would make great stocking stuffers for my kids. Do you need to use all 4 in each load of laundry or is one good enough? Thanks for sharing.
Patty @ Always Something

Search Feedback