Kitchen instant makeover on a dime

I gave my kitchen an instant makeover for less than $20! I removed the cabinet doors and added fabric covered foam boards to the back of them for a fun and fresh look.
  • Open kitchen cabinet with cup hooks for coffee mugs.
  • Opening the cabinets on both sides of the window gives some symmetry.
  • Colorful plates propped up in the back for some complimentary colors.
  • Plain Jane white kitchen before picture.

To see more: http://www.prettyhandygirl.com/2012/02/fabric-backed-open-kitchen-cabinets-diy-on-a-dime-the-tutorial.html

• Mags
    Mags Houston, TX
    Absolutely love this! I just did my bookcases in living room. Foam board, fabric & duck tape is wonderful!

Going to do my kitchen cabinets in one area in my kitchen.....it's the room in house I don't have a punch of red. Thanks

• Amy Cates Ford
    My cabinets are waaay too cluttered to do that. I'd really like glass in my cabinet doors. But again...waaaay too cluttered.
  • Gloria Duy
    Gloria Duy Pontiac, IL
    I like ideas like this because you can easily change it whenever you want. I have fabric in the back of my sewing cabinet. One day I needed some fabric that color so I cut it up and put a new piece back there.
  • Abi
    Abi El Paso, TX
    This is the perfect solution to a short term redo before the "big redo". Thank you. Can easily be done in a Saturday afternoon.
  • Vicki Hovre
    Vicki Hovre Ettrick, WI
    Love the idea of the fabric on the foam board, can be changed if a different color for different seasons or different dishes. Great look!
Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl