Kitchen instant makeover on a dime

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
I gave my kitchen an instant makeover for less than $20! I removed the cabinet doors and added fabric covered foam boards to the back of them for a fun and fresh look.
  • Open kitchen cabinet with cup hooks for coffee mugs.
  • Opening the cabinets on both sides of the window gives some symmetry.
  • Colorful plates propped up in the back for some complimentary colors.
  • Plain Jane white kitchen before picture.

To see more:

• Gloria Duy
    Gloria Duy Pontiac, IL
    I like ideas like this because you can easily change it whenever you want. I have fabric in the back of my sewing cabinet. One day I needed some fabric that color so I cut it up and put a new piece back there.
  • Abi
    Abi El Paso, TX
    This is the perfect solution to a short term redo before the "big redo". Thank you. Can easily be done in a Saturday afternoon.
  • Vicki Hovre
    Vicki Hovre Ettrick, WI
    Love the idea of the fabric on the foam board, can be changed if a different color for different seasons or different dishes. Great look!
  • Heliane Ripley
    Heliane Ripley Fort Worth, TX
    What a big impact "quick fix ".
  • Lisa love
    lisa love Caldwell, TX
    This looks great, Bravo!
Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post