I used "Restore" on my deck this past summer. Comes in multiple colors, and did exactly what I was told it would do -

Gardening Ideas 06.07.15
filled in cracks, covered well - no sanding invoived, Just powerwash, lite scrubbing at "mossy areas" and bang! I chose to not back roll the second coat and leave the finish product textured, to help when walking on it in icy conditions.
  • Terri J
    Terri J Annapolis, MD
    Pam, I was told about this product from a professional on Hometalk. It rained a few days after I applied mine, and I had no troubles. I am so sorry that you did though, and if you haven't already, I would call the manufacturer, and if you have your
  • Pam Levario
    Pam Levario Hayden, ID
    Thanks, Terri, for your response. My deck looked a lot like yours, before, but had more paint, and with a satin like finish, so I chose to strip what I could of the many layers, then sand. Maybe I shouldn't have done that. I am going to talk with the
  • Terri J
    Terri J Annapolis, MD
    @Pam, please email me at tmj1819@yahoo.com. I know way to much about what you are referring to, and may be able to give you some leads on getting help. I will tell you how I got
  • Ed Anderson
    Ed Anderson Wolcott, VT
    I applied Rust-Oleum Restore to my deck mid August 2013.

We followed the manufacture's instructions religiously. We alsowatched their video for product application. We used

• Terri J
    Terri J Annapolis, MD
    @ Ed - sorry you had a bad experience w/ the Restore. I truly am, but I am still happy w/ mine, and I didn't use anything but plain water to pressure wash the deck. Thanks for sharing your experience, as it will give others two opposing views on the
Terri J