Hometalk.com

For the Garden 11.03.13

I used "Restore" on my deck this past summer. Comes in multiple colors, and did exactly what I was told it would do -

filled in cracks, covered well - no sanding invoived, Just powerwash, lite scrubbing at "mossy areas" and bang! I chose to not back roll the second coat and leave the finish product textured, to help when walking on it in icy conditions.
38 Comments Displaying 15 of 38 comments | See Previous
  • Mary McKee Bucyrus, OH
    we used this last fall on our deck.....we followed all the directions, cleaned the deck etc. we have dogs. this restore coating HOLDS dirt like crazy! tried to power wash it off but it won't come off. I suppose the texture holds the dirt. won't ever
  • Paula Jones Union, KY
    I used this product on an old splintered deck two years ago and it has exceeded my expectations and I don't have to worry about little kids getting hurt on it. It made the deck look brand new. I did try to clean yesterday with TSP, but it didn't do a
  • Phil Ormond Beach, FL
    Do you have a full view of this deck? I am curious to this whole pic?
  • Terri J York, PA
    @ Paula and Mary - Peace Painting Company told me about this product here on HT. You may want to contact them to see about cleaning mildew and dirt off. I am almost positive that they will have answers to your problems as, I have had none of the issues
  • It looks great !! I'm sure it will clean off dirt and whatever else gets on it as long as you use good detergents to clean it with that won't hurt the color or texture..
  • Riggs Laughlin Los Angeles, CA
    Yes you are right Keri i`m Riggs and i will do really like to know much more about you if you dont mind?
  • Terri J York, PA
    The other thing is that I chose not to back roll the second coat to be smooth as the directions suggested. I wanted a rough texture to help my feet grip it better when we are in the winter months. I have recently just taken the regular hose to it, and
  • Candy J Erwin, TN
    I wish the after pic was more clearer - cannot really tell what it looks like. Can we get another pic of it please - same distance as the before pic?
  • Buyer Becareful Orting, WA
    When in the planning phase of a very large multi deckproject my client and I contact Rust-O-Leumsupport staff in regards to their product Restore. We explained to them that we were going toput their product over another product on one deck and we needed
  • Pam Levario Hayden, ID
    I live in the Idaho panhandle, so technically the Pacific NW. It is raining right now and my deck is now liquified! I can take my finger and scoop it up! I made sure it was dry for 10 days after I applied it in September. No one told me anything about
  • Terri J York, PA
    Pam, I was told about this product from a professional on Hometalk. It rained a few days after I applied mine, and I had no troubles. I am so sorry that you did though, and if you haven't already, I would call the manufacturer, and if you have your
  • Pam Levario Hayden, ID
    Thanks, Terri, for your response. My deck looked a lot like yours, before, but had more paint, and with a satin like finish, so I chose to strip what I could of the many layers, then sand. Maybe I shouldn't have done that. I am going to talk with the
  • Terri J York, PA
    @Pam, please email me at tmj1819@yahoo.com. I know way to much about what you are referring to, and may be able to give you some leads on getting help. I will tell you how I got