Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

A collection becomes a display {how to make a jewelry/brooch wreath}

Wreaths 6 days ago
Wouldn't this be cute with Christmas pins? Collecting takes a while but the result is a beautiful display. Using a styrofoam wreath, thrifted brooches, earrings, pendants, etc. my daughter and put together jewelry wreaths (a fun spin off of brooch bouquets) for a sparkly fun display. Attach using straight pins or hot glue. Materials include: pins, brooches, earrings, buttons, costume jewelry.
Difficulty: Easy
We prepared the styrofoam wreath by using DecoArt's Magikote. This creates a sturdier base.
We used straight pins to secure jewelry pieces. I also like that I can snag a brooch since they aren't glued down (but hot glue is also an option).

To see more: http://diyshowoff.com/2011/06/26/brooch-wreath-tutorialdiy-project-parade/

23 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 17 of 23 comments | See Previous
  • Terri J
    Terri J Annapolis, MD
    What you created is just .... I can't think of another adjective besides beautiful, gorgeous, etc. I recently started beading and learned to make "Wheelies.," but they are nothing like this!!
  • ViewAlongTheWay
    ViewAlongTheWay Marietta, GA
    OMG, so SO beautiful, Roeschel! This looks like it would cost a million bucks at a Anthro.
  • Carolyn ~ homework
    Carolyn ~ homework Los Angeles, CA
    Gorgeous! Beautiful wreath, great collection display and storage all in one. Brilliant!
  • Shannon at Fox Hollow Cottage
    This is so, so pretty. Love the vintage flavor!!
  • Patty B
    Patty B Kent, OH
    I went to your website to look @tutorial on the brooch and all of a sudden I hear a man talking about cheap plumbling .yikes scared me ,but should of had my speaker off .lol
  • Patty B
    Patty B Kent, OH
    Beautiful Brooch on here !!!!
  • Linda G
    Linda G Orlando, FL
    wonderful idea. went on your site for the tutorial. Thank you. And I'm putting it in our guest room gallery wall too!
  • Valerie
    Valerie South Africa
    It is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!
  • MollyB
    MollyB Rhome, TX
    This is beautiful . Guess what I will be doing after the first of the year?
  • John Reling
    John Reling Johnson, VT
    Wonderful Idea!
  • BOBBIE SAMUELS
    BOBBIE SAMUELS Talladega, AL
    beautiful; great idea
  • Terri J
    Terri J Annapolis, MD
    I can't really explain it other than using two different size beads, and intertwining them to form a circle over and over, until you end up w/ a wheel. if I ever get my camera working again, I will try to post a picture. You can them put the "Wheel" on a
  • Kelly S
    Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    Now I know what I can start making from the extra pieces I got when I bought jars, yes jars, of jewelry at the local Goodwill. I bought 2 entire mason jars for 7.99 each just for one piece of jewelry and the jar. one of the jars was a vintage blue one.
  • Bernice H
    Bernice H Yakima, WA
    Whoa!!!! What a find! Go wild kiddo! You will have to pull it out and show us the pieces!!!

off to Spokane for the weekend, maybe I will get to their Goodwill, much better than ours,

• Shelley Saffold
    I want to make one!!!!!
DIY Show Off

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing