Hometalk.com

kitchen 11.03.13

Thanksgiving wall art from thrift store art print

I normally wouldn't give this framed art a second glance, but the size and autumn colors were perfect for Thanksgiving in our dining room. After checking to be sure it didn't have more value than the $4 I paid, I added the words "give thanks" with a Sharpie. Now rather than sit in a pile of junk, it'll serve as a gentle reminder once a year in our dining room.

To see more: http://diyshowoff.com/2012/11/17/thanksgiving-decorating-thrift-store-art-print-becomes-thanksgiving-reminder/

15 Comments Displaying 15 of 15 comments
  • Kimberly Listrud Hurlock, MD
    I like this idea! Good way to use those prints you see in thrifts stores everywhere that you normally would say no to. You made it look fresh. Good tip to mention checking value first. :)
  • Creative Cain Cabin Bellevue, MI
    Cute idea:)
  • DIY Show Off Pittsburgh, PA
    Thanks, ladies! :)
  • Selina @ Pretty Purple Tr... Kings Mountain, NC
    Love it!!
  • That's a great idea, Roeshel! I wish my handwriting were even half that good!
  • Fantastic! I have a list of thrift shop items to look for this week and will add "cheap" art to the list. Thank you for sharing
  • Tami @ Curb Alert! Houston, TX
    I love this idea. I will have to take a second look now in the thrift store print department!
  • What a great idea! I love it!
  • Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Fabulous idea Roeshel - and WE "GIVE THANKS" for someone as inspirational and imaginative as you!!
  • Lorraine F Virginia Beach, VA
    Great idea! I have passed up lots of unattractive and faded prints like this before and never thought of this! So cheap you can toss it out after the holiday and not feel badly at all! Or send it back to the thrift shop!
  • Maxine L. Baker Cumberland, MD
    very clever
  • Dee W Rock Creek, OH
    I love the country feel to your whole display!
  • Kimberly L Clanton, AL
    Wow...I see these unattractive "cheap hotel art" canvases all the time and have never given them a single thought. Now I see them entirely different! Thank you
  • Linda Stone Inman, SC
    Adorable! This is a great idea. Thanks for sharing!