Dining Table and Chairs found curb-side

My husband found this table and chairs for free curb-side and, of course, couldn't pass them up. They were in serious need of some updating but we were up for the challenge.
  • Dining Table and Chairs after complete makeover
  • The chairs were spray painted a creamy white and the seats were recovered in some bargain graphic red and white fabric.
  • The base of the table was painted creamy white and then glazed to bring out the detailed woodwork. We chose to sand and refinish the walnut table top with natural stain and many coats of polyurethane. Buffing brought out the shine.
  • The glazing really brought out the details on the table base and chairs.
  • Next I made slip-covers for the chair seats. The neutral shade made them more versatile and easy to clean.
  • This curb-side find was impossible to pass up

To see more: http://ponderedprimedperfected.blogspot.com/2011/12/dining-chair-slipcovers.html

• LeeAnn Gerleman
    LeeAnn Gerleman Sheldon, IA
    I wish I could find stuff like this curbside in MY town! If anybody around here tosses something like this to curbside, its gone within ten minutes.
  • Patricia
    patricia Australia
    Love the result and like many others, wish that I could find something similar! Great idea though and enjoy this beautiful setting.
  • Karen Colton
    Karen Colton Grand Blanc, MI
    wow! Really good work I admire that. I got a sewing machine someone was going to throw out it opens 6 feet and it is 59 years old I repaired the machine It is the best one I have ever had It even has cams for decorative stitches I would love to refurnish
  • Cindy
    cindy Azusa, CA
    What is the brand and color of glaze used? Good job by the way.
  • Sj Grossman
    Sj Grossman Louisville, KY
    Hey, Y'all!

I'm a newbie to this site! Your chairs are the same ones that I inherited with a tired, old brocade on the covered seats.

Sherry C

Search Feedback