Repurposed Upcycled Bicycle Rim Pendant Hanging Light

I got my hands on some bicycle parts from a local shop that was discarding them. I jumped into the up"cycling" mindset with this racing rim first and ended using a reproduction Edison filament bulb.
  • The Edison bulb adds so much charm the whole piece.
  • I used small cake/bundt pans/molds on top and bottom to bring the center parts together.
  • I love the original graphics around the rim.
  • The cake molds house all the guts that brought electricity to this rim.

To see more: http://www.gadgetsponge.com/posts/2012/11/13/repurposed-upcycled-bicycle-rim-pendant-hanging-light.html

• Brenda D
    Brenda D Fresh Meadows, NY
    It looks great!
  • Lindsay @ Makely
    Lindsay @ Makely Pflugerville, TX
    This is super creative and just up my alley. I totally love it!
  • GadgetSponge.com
    GadgetSponge.com Shreveport, LA
    Thanks so much everyone for the generous comments. Hometalk posts have always been warmly accepted and I appreciate it!
  • Tina @ Repurposed Life
    How cool is that! I love it:)
  • Cathy
    Cathy Lakeside, CA
    This post lives on 3 years later! My husband saw similar idea on tv show, bought the rim, but needed instructions and couldn't find the right bulb..thx for your help!!
    • GadgetSponge.com
      GadgetSponge.com Shreveport, LA
      Cathy You bet! It's so fun making lights like this and it will always get folks to talking that come to your home or business and see them.
GadgetSponge.com