Laundry Room Ladder Drying Rack

laundry room 09.07.15
Jacque inherited all of her grandfathers antique window washing ladders. They come in various sizes. We decided that our laundry room would be a great place to hang one up to serve as a drying rack for clothes that can't go in the dryer. It works great and hangs high and out of the way.
Difficulty: Easy
  • Ladder drying rack
  • Hook Eyes drilled into the ladder connect the ladder to the
  • Two toggle ceiling hooks on swivels attach the chain to the ceiling.

To see more:

• Diane Gryka
    Diane Gryka Warren, MI
    I used a similar theme and hung it in the kitchen for a pot rack works great.
  • Marlee
    Marlee Hampshire, IL
    Jacque, laundry room looks grea! Can you tell me how your husband attached the cabinets to the wall? Also did you use the front of the cabinet as the side you attached to the wall? Thanks
  • Juanita
    Juanita North Haven, CT
    I didn't have to use a pulley system because my basement ceiling is low enough for me to reach and in an out of the way corner I use the side railing of a baby crib and it works great.
  • Donalda
    Donalda Canada
    Reminds me of the drying rack my grandparents had in their house. However, it actually had ropes that allowed it to be raised and lowered - another idea that could be added to this clever one. (Pully system)
  • Karen Colton
    Karen Colton Grand Blanc, MI
    I am saving this page I want to do the ladder thing but ON M

MY BALCONY I miss not having a clothes line

Jacque & Matt @

Search Feedback