Oh Deer! Our Christmas Mantel.

christmas 04.04.16
This is what happens when you just start decorating without a plan, and all you have to start with is a beautiful deer head and some lanterns. Welcome to "Fly by Your Seat Decorating." Pinecones, Cedar, Magnolia, Berries, Grapevine and Pheasant Feathers.

All combined with some Frenchy-style stockings and pillows and some soft candlelight.

I hope you enjoy!

To see more: http://www.everydayhomeblog.com/2012/12/ChristmasMantel.html

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!

• Linda
    Linda Syracuse, NY
    Rustic and beautiful ! Nice work...
  • Ramona S
    Ramona S Gibsonia, PA
    Great,my son-in-law would love this, he has a lot of trophies
  • The Everyday Home/Barb Garrett
    Thanks Cynthia I consider that a very kind compliment from someone whom I admire. :)
  • Cynthia Weber @ A Button Tufted Life...
    This is wonderful! I love it Barb! You have a great eye for making beautiful displays... Happy Holidays!
  • Organized Clutter
    Organized Clutter International Falls, MN
    Very beautiful!
  • The Everyday Home/Barb Garrett
    Becca, that is the sweetest thing ever, and I had "one of those days" today that all Bloggers have. Thanks for saying this. (((hugs)))
  • Adventures in Decorating
    You know I love your "Buck!" (and still say we need have a playdate with our fellas). Your mantel is exquisite and belongs in a magazine!
  • The Everyday Home/Barb Garrett
    Thanks Brenda M. :) Sharon that is truly a compliment that you think it is classically Southern. Thank you. :)
  • Sharon @ mrs. hines class
    Your mantel is beautiful and classically Southern! Love the bow and lanterns always make my heart go pitter patter.
  • Brenda M
    Brenda M Pittsburgh, PA
    I love it!!! The lanterns, stockings, garland, deer - everything! Beautiful!
  • The Everyday Home/Barb Garrett
    Terri - I am getting ready to post about my hutch which would also be a good substitute for a mantel. Yes, a hall table will work very good too. Good luck.
  • Terri J
    Terri J Annapolis, MD
    I don't have a mantel, but you have inspried me to take a hall table and pretend it is one! Love what you have done!!!
  • Teri Uliasz Boyungs
    Teri Uliasz Boyungs Queen Creek, AZ
    Absolutely beautiful.
  • The Everyday Home/Barb Garrett
    LOL, thanks Four Marrs. :)
  • The Everyday Home/Barb Garrett
    Tammy, Kelly and Jane - thanks ladies. Jane, when we painted the fireplace my husband actually suggest we not paint that brick. So it was his idea, and it was a good one. I can't tell him or he will think he needs to make more suggestions around here. :-D
The Everyday Home/Barb Garrett