Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Oh Deer! Our Christmas Mantel.

This is what happens when you just start decorating without a plan, and all you have to start with is a beautiful deer head and some lanterns. Welcome to "Fly by Your Seat Decorating." Pinecones, Cedar, Magnolia, Berries, Grapevine and Pheasant Feathers.

All combined with some Frenchy-style stockings and pillows and some soft candlelight.

I hope you enjoy!

To see more: http://www.everydayhomeblog.com/2012/12/ChristmasMantel.html

24 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 16 of 24 comments | See Previous
  • Teri U
    Teri U Queen Creek, AZ
    Absolutely beautiful.
  • Terri J
    Terri J Annapolis, MD
    I don't have a mantel, but you have inspried me to take a hall table and pretend it is one! Love what you have done!!!
  • The Everyday Home/Barb Garrett
    Terri - I am getting ready to post about my hutch which would also be a good substitute for a mantel. Yes, a hall table will work very good too. Good luck.
  • Brenda M
    Brenda M Pittsburgh, PA
    I love it!!! The lanterns, stockings, garland, deer - everything! Beautiful!
  • Sharon @ mrs. hines class
    Your mantel is beautiful and classically Southern! Love the bow and lanterns always make my heart go pitter patter.
  • The Everyday Home/Barb Garrett
    Thanks Brenda M. :) Sharon that is truly a compliment that you think it is classically Southern. Thank you. :)
  • Adventures in Decorating
    You know I love your "Buck!" (and still say we need have a playdate with our fellas). Your mantel is exquisite and belongs in a magazine!
  • The Everyday Home/Barb Garrett
    Becca, that is the sweetest thing ever, and I had "one of those days" today that all Bloggers have. Thanks for saying this. (((hugs)))
  • Organized Clutter
    Organized Clutter International Falls, MN
    Very beautiful!
  • Cynthia Weber @ A Button Tufted Life...
    This is wonderful! I love it Barb! You have a great eye for making beautiful displays... Happy Holidays!
  • The Everyday Home/Barb Garrett
    Thanks Cynthia I consider that a very kind compliment from someone whom I admire. :)
  • Ramona S
    Ramona S Gibsonia, PA
    Great,my son-in-law would love this, he has a lot of trophies
  • Linda
    Linda Syracuse, NY
    Rustic and beautiful ! Nice work...
  • Lesley
    Lesley Newport, AR
    Wondering if you would be able to provide retail info for the deer head. I'm looking for one very similar for a little boy nursery and haven't been able to locate one.. Thanks so much!
  • Peg Mitchell
    Peg Mitchell Broken Arrow, OK
    Love, love , love it! Just exquisite.
The Everyday Home/Barb Garrett

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing