Hometalk.com

Decor Ideas 01.23.14

Oh Deer! Our Christmas Mantel.

This is what happens when you just start decorating without a plan, and all you have to start with is a beautiful deer head and some lanterns. Welcome to "Fly by Your Seat Decorating." Pinecones, Cedar, Magnolia, Berries, Grapevine and Pheasant Feathers.

All combined with some Frenchy-style stockings and pillows and some soft candlelight.

I hope you enjoy!

To see more: http://www.everydayhomeblog.com/2012/12/ChristmasMantel.html

21 Comments Displaying 15 of 21 comments | See Previous
  • Oh Deer..The Everyday Home/Barb Garrett I think I am in love!
  • LOL, thanks Four Marrs. :)
  • Teri U Queen Creek, AZ
    Absolutely beautiful.
  • Terri J York, PA
    I don't have a mantel, but you have inspried me to take a hall table and pretend it is one! Love what you have done!!!
  • Terri - I am getting ready to post about my hutch which would also be a good substitute for a mantel. Yes, a hall table will work very good too. Good luck.
  • Brenda M Pittsburgh, PA
    I love it!!! The lanterns, stockings, garland, deer - everything! Beautiful!
  • Your mantel is beautiful and classically Southern! Love the bow and lanterns always make my heart go pitter patter.
  • Thanks Brenda M. :) Sharon that is truly a compliment that you think it is classically Southern. Thank you. :)
  • Adventures in Decorating Little River, SC
    You know I love your "Buck!" (and still say we need have a playdate with our fellas). Your mantel is exquisite and belongs in a magazine!
  • Becca, that is the sweetest thing ever, and I had "one of those days" today that all Bloggers have. Thanks for saying this. (((hugs)))
  • Organized Clutter International Falls, MN
    Very beautiful!
  • This is wonderful! I love it Barb! You have a great eye for making beautiful displays... Happy Holidays!
  • Thanks Cynthia I consider that a very kind compliment from someone whom I admire. :)
  • Ramona S Gibsonia, PA
    Great,my son-in-law would love this, he has a lot of trophies
  • Linda Syracuse, NY
    Rustic and beautiful ! Nice work...