Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 01.31.14

DIY holiday waterless diorama-style snow globes

It's easy to make some really cute holiday decor with cleaned out glass jars and some bits and pieces from the dollar store and the craft store.You'll need:Glass jars,tacky white craft glue,faux snow,glitter, mini figurines, mini faux trees and other embellishments of choice.This is a great snowy day craft to do with the family and a great way to recycle that old salsa jar!

To see more: http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/

16 Comments Displaying 15 of 16 comments | See Previous
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    They're darling, Jen!
  • Lannie Hagan Broomfield, CO
    These are a great kid craft! I think my grandchildren will love doing these! thanks for sharing!
  • Wonderful project! My grands & I collect lots of woodsy stuff when out walking. This looks like the perfect place to use our special finds.
  • Really cute, especially for us miniature freaks :) Thanks so much for sharing ..

• Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    JENNIFER - HOW POSITIVELY ADORABLE!! Now I know why I always save big jars!!
  • Great tutorial, Jennifer!
  • perfect! love the little deer!
  • Lovely, they are so perfect for the season. :)
  • Marg C Middletown, NY
    how cute! I don't have time to do them this year but right after Christmas I may hit the stores and scoop up some miniatures...thanks for this creative idea.
  • Peggy W Kokomo, IN
    Jenn, where did you come up with the miniature figures? I picked up antique trees from a rummage sale this summer but am still looking for ice skating figures or small deer. I've been making them for my niece for the past few years... we have a whole
  • Jennifer rizzo Naperville, IL
    I found mine at the dollar store and at michaels. A hooby shop that does carries things for minature railroaders probably would carry a ton of stuff!
  • Vicki Smyrna, GA
    thank you for the sharing. wonderful xmas gifts. can spray paint lids.
  • RUTH Leander, TX
    I have LOTS of glass jars to be making these for family & friends ... & me too!
  • I love these especially the deer. Where did you get the super white trees? the package in the pic shows the green but I really want the all white ones but haven't seen those around???
  • Jennifer rizzo Naperville, IL
    I found mine at Joann fabrics