DIY holiday waterless diorama-style snow globes

Storage 05.17.15
It's easy to make some really cute holiday decor with cleaned out glass jars and some bits and pieces from the dollar store and the craft store.You'll need:Glass jars,tacky white craft glue,faux snow,glitter, mini figurines, mini faux trees and other embellishments of choice.This is a great snowy day craft to do with the family and a great way to recycle that old salsa jar!
  • Get creative with your recyclables!!!
  • Purchase some inexpensive figures and mini trees found at most craft stores and even the dollar store.
  • fill the base of the lid with white glue and let set a few minutes until it becomes thick and tacky.
  • also place some glue on the bottom of the tree, giving it a little twist as you push down to remove any air bubbles.
  • Do the same thing with the base of your animals or any other small trinkets you would like to place inside the jar.
  • Test the opening that you have the items positioned so the jar lip will clear and you can get eh lid back on the jar.
  • add another layer of glue and add faux snow and sparkly glitter to the inside of the base. Let the jar sit out a few days so the glue dries and moisture doesn't get caught in the jar when you put the lid back on.
  • once dry, screw the lid back on and give it a slight tilt so some of the glitter and fine snow particles coat the inside a bit.
  • Use different sized jars for a different effect, or cluster them for the full impact. You can enjoy your new decor, or give as teacher or neighbor gifts!

To see more: http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/

• Myra
    Myra Jemison, AL
    Love these.Thanks for sharing. Like to fix some for the front porch for the 4th. Got any ideas?
  • Leona Olson
    Leona Olson Harris, MN
    Great reminder how to do this. I did this way back when with the Cub Scouts. We used baby food jars and little plastic trees, etc and put sparkle in the jars for the snow. I will start looking doe some small pieces. Thanks so much.
  • Deborah G.
    Deborah G. Mansfield, TX
    PERFECT for the office holiday party centerpieces!!! If I get enough made, will use as give a ways too! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
  • Lois
    Lois Rockvale, TN
    Cute, cute, cute! How did you get the snow built up around the base?
    • Gladys
      Gladys Lena, WI
      Lois I was wondering the same thing, but I think I figured out that once everything in the lid is dry, before you put the lid on the jar, pour some of the snow or Epsom Salts into the
  • Lorena Skiba
    Lorena Skiba Saint Johns, MI
    These are SOOO pertty! Thanks for sharing such great ideas!
Jennifer rizzo