DIY holiday waterless diorama-style snow globes

Christmas 5 days ago
It's easy to make some really cute holiday decor with cleaned out glass jars and some bits and pieces from the dollar store and the craft store.You'll need:Glass jars,tacky white craft glue,faux snow,glitter, mini figurines, mini faux trees and other embellishments of choice.This is a great snowy day craft to do with the family and a great way to recycle that old salsa jar!
  • Get creative with your recyclables!!!
  • Purchase some inexpensive figures and mini trees found at most craft stores and even the dollar store.
  • fill the base of the lid with white glue and let set a few minutes until it becomes thick and tacky.
  • also place some glue on the bottom of the tree, giving it a little twist as you push down to remove any air bubbles.
  • Do the same thing with the base of your animals or any other small trinkets you would like to place inside the jar.
  • Test the opening that you have the items positioned so the jar lip will clear and you can get eh lid back on the jar.
  • add another layer of glue and add faux snow and sparkly glitter to the inside of the base. Let the jar sit out a few days so the glue dries and moisture doesn't get caught in the jar when you put the lid back on.
  • once dry, screw the lid back on and give it a slight tilt so some of the glitter and fine snow particles coat the inside a bit.
  • Use different sized jars for a different effect, or cluster them for the full impact. You can enjoy your new decor, or give as teacher or neighbor gifts!

To see more: http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/

• Myra
    Myra Jemison, AL
    Love these.Thanks for sharing. Like to fix some for the front porch for the 4th. Got any ideas?
  • Leona Olson
    Leona Olson Harris, MN
    Great reminder how to do this. I did this way back when with the Cub Scouts. We used baby food jars and little plastic trees, etc and put sparkle in the jars for the snow. I will start looking doe some small pieces. Thanks so much.
  • Deborah G.
    Deborah G. Mansfield, TX
    PERFECT for the office holiday party centerpieces!!! If I get enough made, will use as give a ways too! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
  • Lois
    Lois Rockvale, TN
    Cute, cute, cute! How did you get the snow built up around the base?
    • Gladys
      Gladys Lena, WI
      Lois I was wondering the same thing, but I think I figured out that once everything in the lid is dry, before you put the lid on the jar, pour some of the snow or Epsom Salts into the
  • Lorena Skiba
    Lorena Skiba Saint Johns, MI
    These are SOOO pertty! Thanks for sharing such great ideas!
Jennifer rizzo

Search Feedback