DIY holiday waterless diorama-style snow globes

simple crafts 02.05.15
It's easy to make some really cute holiday decor with cleaned out glass jars and some bits and pieces from the dollar store and the craft store.You'll need:Glass jars,tacky white craft glue,faux snow,glitter, mini figurines, mini faux trees and other embellishments of choice.This is a great snowy day craft to do with the family and a great way to recycle that old salsa jar!

To see more: http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/

• Debbie Borthwick
    Lovely, they are so perfect for the season. :)
  • Marg C
    Marg C Middletown, NY
    how cute! I don't have time to do them this year but right after Christmas I may hit the stores and scoop up some miniatures...thanks for this creative idea.
  • Peggy W
    Peggy W Kokomo, IN
    Jenn, where did you come up with the miniature figures? I picked up antique trees from a rummage sale this summer but am still looking for ice skating figures or small deer. I've been making them for my niece for the past few years... we have a whole
  • Jennifer rizzo
    Jennifer rizzo Naperville, IL
    I found mine at the dollar store and at michaels. A hooby shop that does carries things for minature railroaders probably would carry a ton of stuff!
  • Vicki
    Vicki Smyrna, GA
    thank you for the sharing. wonderful xmas gifts. can spray paint lids.
  • RUTH
    RUTH Leander, TX
    I have LOTS of glass jars to be making these for family & friends ... & me too!
  • Angela Gregory
    I love these especially the deer. Where did you get the super white trees? the package in the pic shows the green but I really want the all white ones but haven't seen those around???
  • Jennifer rizzo
    Jennifer rizzo Naperville, IL
    I found mine at Joann fabrics
  • Elaine Spencer
    Elaine Spencer United Kingdom
    These are so pretty Jennifer,this is definitely a to do project,I love this idea ,thanks for sharing x
  • Judy White
    Judy White Anderson, SC
    Hey this one is easy enough for me. Thanks
  • Myra
    Myra Jemison, AL
    Love these.Thanks for sharing. Like to fix some for the front porch for the 4th. Got any ideas?
  • Leona Olson
    Leona Olson Harris, MN
    Great reminder how to do this. I did this way back when with the Cub Scouts. We used baby food jars and little plastic trees, etc and put sparkle in the jars for the snow. I will start looking doe some small pieces. Thanks so much.
  • Deborah G.
    Deborah G. Mansfield, TX
    PERFECT for the office holiday party centerpieces!!! If I get enough made, will use as give a ways too! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
  • Lois
    Lois Rockvale, TN
    Cute, cute, cute! How did you get the snow built up around the base?
    • Gladys
      Gladys Lena, WI
      Lois I was wondering the same thing, but I think I figured out that once everything in the lid is dry, before you put the lid on the jar, pour some of the snow or Epsom Salts into the
  • Lorena Skiba
    Lorena Skiba Saint Johns, MI
    These are SOOO pertty! Thanks for sharing such great ideas!
Jennifer rizzo