Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 03.29.14

Easy No Cost Christmas Wreath

I love the little boxwood wreaths you see everywhere. They are classic and look great and are perfect for Christmas. I could definitely use several around the house, but the problem is they are expensive. Since I didn't trim my Japanese holly shrubs a few months ago, there were shoots coming out of them and since they looked like boxwood, would make a good substitute.

To see more: http://diydesignfanatic.blogspot.com/2012/12/easy-christmas-wreaths.html

7 Comments Displaying 7 of 7 comments
  • This is so pretty! I love the topiary feel to it.
  • I love your wreath. And I'm so bummed my boxwoods didn't do well this year.
  • Your wreath is beautiful - such a great idea!
  • Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    I'm all in favor of bringing the outdoors in when it comes to holiday decor, but I would caution that you don't want to cut a large amount of foliage from hollies (or other evergreens) at this time of year, as it can stimulate new growth, which could
  • Chips Landscaping Porter Corners, NY
    Very good point Douglas...especially with the oscillating winter temperatures we have been experiencing in the North country over the past 2 years
  • Debra D Palmyra, PA
    Great idea and so pretty!
  • diy Design Fanatic Charlotte, NC
    Very good point Douglas. The wreaths are very small and I'm cutting about 10-15 shoots off large shrubs, so I'm taking very few off of each shrub. (I have about 30 of these shrubs on my property). I live in the South and our winters are pretty mild, but