How to Remove Urine Smell From Carpet

I had an incident where my cat urinated all over my rug while we were out of town. Here is the solution that worked to get the urine smell out. This was a small rug so I was able to remove it from the room and take it outside where I flipped it over and sprinkled it with baking soda. Then using vinegar I saturated the piece of carpet and let it sit for an hour. Find out my results below.
  • Sprinkle the rug (or carpet) with baking soda.
  • Spray the rug (carpet) with white vinegar and then let it sit for about 5-10 minutes while it works to eliminate the smell.

To see more: http://askannamoseley.com/2012/12/how-to-remove-urine-smell-from-carpet/

• Linda Vrieze
    Linda Vrieze Tooele, UT
    Denatured alcohol from home depot or walmart is good for removing all kinds of stains including pet stains from carpeting. Just pour it on the stain and wipe it up with a rag.
  • Becky Greenwald
    I tried Natures Miracle, I tried baking soda, I tried Spot Shot and got marginal results. The thing that worked was hydrogen peroxide. Saturated the area and it reeked until it was done doing its thing and dried. No residue, no smell whatsoever, and
    • Patricia
      Patricia Brentwood, CA
      Thank you! Hopefully it works for us!
  • Lou Camp
    Lou Camp Philadelphia, PA
    What and where do i get pheromones for dogs to keep them frommarking territory?
  • Becky
    Becky San Antonio, TX
    I have had the best luck with Nature's Miracle. It comes in several different formulas depending on your needs. I have one for upstairs and one for downstairs.
  • Popefrances
    popefrances Nordheim, TX
    Dry the rug well. Sprinkle it with ground cloves. You may have to do it 2 or 3 times, but it will take the smell out.
Anna M