How to Remove Urine Smell From Carpet

04.18.16
I had an incident where my cat urinated all over my rug while we were out of town. Here is the solution that worked to get the urine smell out. This was a small rug so I was able to remove it from the room and take it outside where I flipped it over and sprinkled it with baking soda. Then using vinegar I saturated the piece of carpet and let it sit for an hour. Find out my results below.

To see more: http://askannamoseley.com/2012/12/how-to-remove-urine-smell-from-carpet/

on This Post

• UpState
    UpState Poughkeepsie, NY
    Yeah !

Stable Fresh !

• Geraldine
    Geraldine Lawton, OK
    I have 2 dogs and had several spots that needed attention. I went online and found a company called "Pet Peed". I got it and love it. Takes all the stain and odor out! You just spray it on and walk away to let it dry. Try this you will not be sorry.
  • Sue Newman
    Sue Newman Aurora, CO
    Thanks to all who posted remedies. I was about to throw out my old beloved Persian carpet because of dog urine smell. I will try some of these and see if I can save it.
  • Andre Beluchi
    Andre Beluchi Klamath Falls, OR
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
  • Patrice Paige
    Patrice Paige Lincoln City, OR
    My friend's dog hiked this leg on my white couch (several times) while she used my beach condo for a month, even all appropriate cleaning solutions did not totally take care of the smell or the stain. Then someone suggested using a hydrogen peroxide
Anna M